2014 Mazda5??

New color (deep crystal blue) is the only change for 2014

It looks so dark, here is on the 2014 Mazda3

2014-mazda-mazda3-171-p1.jpg

The 10th character in the VIN is indeed a "D," so 2013 it is. Odd that tthe manual says 2014. Still reading through it, but since I'm not 100% familiar w/ the car yet, it's hard to immediately see what's *not* in the car.

Anyone heard any news about a new Mazda5 ("E"?). We are at a loss for our next car...closest car for us is the new Toyota Rav4.

I continue to fix our 2008 Mz5, but some days I want to give in. I wish Mazda's other vehicles were as versatile as the Maz5(easy entry, reclining rear seats, sliding doors, passenger foot room, low windows, driving response, handling)...we tried the CX5...nice, but not a 5. Even the new 5 is not new/different enough to justify buying it.

Even with all it idiosyncrasy my 2008 Mz5 is still a BOSS in this crazy car world! (bow)

Hurry mazda...we are getting weak!:D

Latest word from Mazda is that they are still planning to release 8 new skyactiv models by March of 2016. They have already launched three with the CX-5, 6, and 3. So they have 5 more to go. They are currently working on the 2 and the Miata, then the Speed3 and the 5 will follow with brand new vehicle that many are speculating will be a 4x4 SUV of some type, and some have said they will bring the RX-7 back, but that is just an idea with Mazda at this point. So, seeing that the 5 was just redesigned in 2012 and redesigns usually last three years. It is safe to say that the earliest that we will see a totally redesigned skyactiv Mazda 5 based on the CX-5 platform, will be in 2015 as a 2016 model. Be patient it will come eventually, and will be well worth the wait, seeing that Mazda, as of now, wants to keep the 5 in the U.S.

Last edited:
I think the mz5 is done and over with, and there won't be any more after 2014. The reason I am saying that because the sales are pretty low, and the culture is moving away from vans anyways, and if they need one they want all the conveniences on it. If I was buying a van I would want all kinds of stuff on it to forget about the dullness of it. I really like the look of the 2006-2010 mz5, and if mazda plans to continue to produce it they should revert back to a more toned down design, something like the Lafesta Highway Star in Japan (rebadged mazda/Nissan). I would buy one in a snap...

I think the mz5 is done and over with, and there won't be any more after 2014. The reason I am saying that because the sales are pretty low, and the culture is moving away from vans anyways, and if they need one they want all the conveniences on it. If I was buying a van I would want all kinds of stuff on it to forget about the dullness of it. I really like the look of the 2006-2010 mz5, and if mazda plans to continue to produce it they should revert back to a more toned down design, something like the Lafesta Highway Star in Japan (rebadged mazda/Nissan). I would buy one in a snap...

In other markets, the 5 (Premacy) is feature-laden, in addition to a variety of powertrain options.

The only reason that, seemingly, people seem to want vans with all the "bells and whistles" is because that's all that the dealers want to have on their lots and the only ones for which any special deals apply. Because minivans like Siennas, Odysseys, and Quests are so expensive to start with, you'd have to grab a lease deal to keep your monthly payments under $450/month or else finance a car (stupidly) for 5 or 6 years. A couple years ago, I walked into the Toyota dealership where we bought our 2004 Corolla because they were advertising lease deals on their new Sienna minivans. The problem was that in order to get the lease deal, you had to be leasing one of the upper trim level vans. I went in and asked for the price to lease one of their lower trim levels, assuming that it would be less expensive than the loaded model but was told otherwise. For some reason, at this point in my life (age 33 with 3 young kids), I just don't see the sense of spending the money to get the loaded trim level of a car especially when the base model has air, cruise, power windows & locks, automatic climate control, ABS, traction control, and costs $19K like my Mazda5 Sport. When I'm older, with fewer mouths to feed, and perhaps with more spare change, maybe I'll splurge on the car and trim that I want. Until then, I'm happy in the base model for a reasonable price.

The only reason that, seemingly, people seem to want vans with all the "bells and whistles" is because that's all that the dealers want to have on their lots and the only ones for which any special deals apply. Because minivans like Siennas, Odysseys, and Quests are so expensive to start with, you'd have to grab a lease deal to keep your monthly payments under $450/month or else finance a car (stupidly) for 5 or 6 years. A couple years ago, I walked into the Toyota dealership where we bought our 2004 Corolla because they were advertising lease deals on their new Sienna minivans. The problem was that in order to get the lease deal, you had to be leasing one of the upper trim level vans. I went in and asked for the price to lease one of their lower trim levels, assuming that it would be less expensive than the loaded model but was told otherwise. For some reason, at this point in my life (age 33 with 3 young kids), I just don't see the sense of spending the money to get the loaded trim level of a car especially when the base model has air, cruise, power windows & locks, automatic climate control, ABS, traction control, and costs $19K like my Mazda5 Sport. When I'm older, with fewer mouths to feed, and perhaps with more spare change, maybe I'll splurge on the car and trim that I want. Until then, I'm happy in the base model for a reasonable price.

Im with you...that is why I did not buy the heavily loaded van. I love vans...especially the old VW van...that's where it all started for me.
I hope Mazda does build the next gen Mz5...I am sure it would be beautiful if it looks anything like the models they are now releasing.

I love my mini mini-van! Even with all it's short-comings (which I don't think is many) that some seem to gripe about, I am on my third one (by choice not by nessesity) and I will surely buy another one in the future if Mazda continues to make it. Enough said!!

Back