Bosswagon Ver 7.0 beta1

All I have left off the suspension are the Koni's and the wheels/tires. They are Koni yellows. I'll be cleaning those up and putting up a FS on them this week.

Been dragging ass on everything else. Finally started taking turbo off today. Should have the drivetrain back to stock tomorrow sometime.

IMG_20140428_173714.jpg

I would have considered buying it the way you had it with the Turbo and everything. But I'm sure you will make more money splitting it up.

I did mange to ask my wife "who has me totally whipped by the way" if I can do any upgrades for my Mazda 5 hinting at new EBC rotors and brake. She agreed, kind of, knowing I would do something else complete insane to this Mazda 5.

"ask"? you got it wrong. most of us are just ninjas. until you break s***.

LMFAO! You hit the nail on the head. Ninjas is what we are...including me. I always say it's easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission.

Lol, I wish I could, I learn my lesson the last time I built 1500 gaming rig/ 3d cad computer. I was in the dog house for months and I was force to donate it to a local school shop class that need a computer.

WHAT!!!!! OH HELL NO!!! If I buy dresses and other items for my wife she knows I can get car stuff and such. Usually I use my stuff till it's out dated, in this case the last time I built my computer it was around 3 grand. But I used my other one for a good 6 years so it was due. For the car, I had to trade my slow but fun 5 speed Honda Fit, so I said we'll get the Mazda5 if you let fix it the way I want to. She agreed and she likes it anyway.

Yeah, but wimin-folks operate different in the head.
I told my wife I wanted a new car for the family. "OK"
If I wanted a $40k loaded Sienna? "No problem"
I actually want a $17k mz5 plus $7k of mods. "Um, OK, I don't get it, but whatever floats your boat."
I bought a $1300 turbo as part of the mod budget we agreed to. "YOU DID WHAT???!!!"
Sigh.

Last edited:
The Mazda 5, she doesn't mind because we need it with 2 kids my original car was a 2010 Honda civic which doesn't fix 2 kids with cars seats and a stroller. The problem is I married a non gamer that doesn't get the cost of building a nice rig to handle the new games. What really pissed her off was fact I stay up late a few time to play and render a few parts for my rc cars and misc toys for the kids. I think she doesn't get now the only hobby, I can do on my free time is to figure out a way to make Mazda 5 the way I picture it.

Rodslinger has posted his turbo kit for sale in marketplace for anyone interested. I just purchased his h&r springs, camber arms, and strut bearings and he shipped it all to me for a great price. I'm unable to leave him feedback on marketplace since I didn't pay through them, but I'm leaving it here. Great doing business with him. Well packed and nothing forgotten. Depending on how long that turbo hangs out, may do business again in the future. Provided none of you good people jump on it first.

Rodslinger has posted his turbo kit for sale in marketplace for anyone interested. I just purchased his h&r springs, camber arms, and strut bearings and he shipped it all to me for a great price. I'm unable to leave him feedback on marketplace since I didn't pay through them, but I'm leaving it here. Great doing business with him. Well packed and nothing forgotten. Depending on how long that turbo hangs out, may do business again in the future. Provided none of you good people jump on it first.
Damn, that went quick!! Made my decision easier.
Fess up, who bought it?!

Nobody yet at least as far as I know. The ad is still in the classifieds. Seems this website has two for sale sections. One on the forums itself and the other "classifieds" tab at the top of the page. They don't seem to point to the other and not sure why there are two of them.

Yeah, I don't understand how the classifieds/for sale works either. I posted something somewhere and couldn't even find my own listing, how is anyone else supposed to find it?

I think that if you post in Mazda5 marketplace, then it will post to that and general classifieds also. Not sure it would work the other way around.

I've got the Koni's and Tri-Point sway bar on the other "Mazda 3 forums" but didn't get time to put them over here yet also. Had to take off for Miami yesterday morning. The Rota's with tires are on Craigslist in Atlanta. Will get around to posting them here this weekend when I get back home.

Nobody yet at least as far as I know. The ad is still in the classifieds. Seems this website has two for sale sections. One on the forums itself and the other "classifieds" tab at the top of the page. They don't seem to point to the other and not sure why there are two of them.
they are related. When you initially list it via Panjo, there was an option to select "Mazda5, MPV & Mazda Trucks" (or something like that). Your listing is in the “lost” or unfiled space. You can still edit the listing and add the sub-category BUT you will limit viewership if you only put it under Mz5. You might get a quicker sale in the Mz3 sub-category. Purely my opinion and no offense to anyone but the typical Mz5 owner is more frugal than fun while the Mz3 owner is young and … you know. Surprisingly I got the WAF but my frugal powers is strong.

Found it. I hope it goes to a proper Mz5 owner.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/classifieds.php?p[mshow]=listing&p[id]=tri-point-turbo-kit-59082

Bringing this thread back from the dead. I know rodslinger checks in here every once in a while. Did you have any problems with the turbo smoking due to oil backing up in the return line as the line from the tri-point kit goes in the drain plug hole. I know the theories as to why it should work and also why it might not. It seems that most of the naysayers of this location have a fundamental misunderstanding of fluid dynamics and oil circulation in an internal combustion engine. I'm looking for practical experience. In my opinion, due to the relative height of the turbo to the oil level in the pan, I find it hard to believe oil would back up with the line mounted in the drain plug hole given the pcv system is working correctly and pressure is not present in the crankcase.

Back