2014 Pricing

nazgul350r

:
03 MSP & 08 CX-9 GT
$20,880 is the asking price for the base Mazda6 Sport with a manual transmission (plus $795 worth of destination charges, for a total of $21,675). Alaska residents will need to cough up $840 for destination. The loaded-up Mazda6 Grand Touring shown on the site will set you back a total of $30,290 (MSRP of $29,495), but it isn't clear if that's the starting price of the Grand Touring trim. Mazda is taking orders for the new 6 right now, and the cars will be available on January 2, 2013.

By way of comparison, the current 2013 model year Mazda6 starts at just $155 less than the new car, with an MSRP of $20,725 (before destination charges) for the base model. Interestingly, the outgoing top-of-the line Grand Touring trim is actually more expensive than the MY14 car on the site, with a sticker of $29,990 to start. We imagine that incentives on leftover 2013 models will start flowing pretty quickly, bringing down their prices quite a bit, but all of this still points to a rocking value proposition for Mazda's newest model.

Autoblog

nice pricing. what jumps out to me is that the GT comes fully loaded with nav and tech stuff. usually thats 2-3k extra on the other midsizes.

only extra option is the radar and capacitor.

it hurts me that they arent bringing the wagon here. i think im going to have to get a cx-5 instead :(

I saw a leaked Canadian spec sheet and we'll be able to get all three trim levels and with whichever package we want with a manual transmission. I wonder if you guys could purchase one and import it to the US?

On Mazdausa, $21,000 for Sport (MT), $24,500 for Touring (AT, did not say anything about MT), $29,500 for GT.

If Touring does offers a MT trim, it'll be competitive against the Accord Sport MT.

Likely what it is then that they offer an automatic transmission delete on the Touring model, just like the Buick Regal and Ford Fusion SE.

The GT I drove on Saturday was, according to the sales people (no window sticker present), priced at $31.5K. If Mazda states $29,990 (or $29,400) for GT, I'm trying to figure out where the extra 1.5-2K went. I guess into Tech II Package? The one I drove def had forward radar (Smart City and cruise) AND Sat Radio (which is standard on GT).

From what I gather, what you'll get w/ a GT that you WONT get standard w/ T is: a 4 way power pass seat, 8 way power driver seat, Bose audio, Sat Radio, Leather, and Nav.

Touring still has a nice list of features, including dual auto climate, full instrumentation, HD radio, Pandora, back-up cam, 6 way power driver seat, sliding center console arm rest, 5.8" touch screen, etc...

So...it looks like the GT will have tech package as a standard? I think they only option as of now on the GT is a "Tech II Package", which will give you forward obstruction and radar cruise control.

Here is what Mazda says will be available later in 2013 on the GT, presumabably when the diesel engine become available:

Advanced Package (late availability)
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control
- Forward Obstruction Warning
- i-ELOOP
- Lane Departure Warning
- High Beam Control

Last edited:
^ If advanced package is late availability how is it on the GT you drove?

I imagine they added destination fee, upped the price above MSRP a bit, and added accessories like all weather mats and wheel locks to get to 32K

It may have had Mazda Radar Cruise Control and Forward Obstruction Warning Package

It may have had Mazda Radar Cruise Control and Forward Obstruction Warning Package

The one our dealer had absolutely had the radar cruise. The distance select button was obvious on the steering wheel, as it looked identical to the ones my Infiniti's have had.

Sounds like a later tech package might include the following.

- i-ELOOP
- Lane Departure Warning

The thing that struck me as odd, was that Mazda's website claims the radar cruise control will have late availability, but the model I drove Saturday had it equipped. It also had Forward Obstruction. The radar module is located on the upper portion of the windshield, right where the rear view is mounted; a big black plastic box.

Anyway, all of the 6's that they sent out before Christmas should be the same, or all equipped the same. They essentially sent out their top model early, to sit in the showroom a few weeks before the start of the year, in order to generate interest. Pretty smart move, if you ask me.

**EDIT**

Actually, I just did some research. The models that Mazda platooned late last year, and the models that will be available during the first half of 2013 have Smart City and the Radar cruise.

It appears the other features will come later, which is really unusual, because they all utilize radar module that is mounted on the windshield.

Here is breakdown (from what I gather) of the "i-ACTIVESENSE" features:

- Mazda Radar Cruise Control - Applies automated brake when approaching vehicle from rear, with cruise control active.
- Forward Obstruction Warning - A visual and audible warning of upcoming road obstruction, prompting driver to apply brake.
- i-ELOOP - Regenerative Braking.
- Lane Departure Warning - Notifies driver when "unexpected" lane change occurs.
- High Beam Control - Controls High Beams in a automated process; Dims to low w/ oncoming traffic, approaching vehicle from rear.
- Smart City - Actually applies brake in automated process.

Last edited:
I'm looking to get rid of my Altima for a Touring Mazda 6 as I am extremely happy with the CX-5. But I saw that the Tech package doesn't include HID Xenon lighting? damn, I wonder how come? it is one feature on the CX-5 that I love.

Consulting the spec sheet on their website, I see what you're saying.

But, wow. That doesn't seem possible. They offer dual auto climate as a standard feature, but don't at least have HID headlamps as an option?

I really hope that's not the case. Albeit, I'll be getting into a diesel GT when the time comes. :)

I was considering the Gt as well but it's just way more expensive, from $24,000 Touring to $29,000 GT. Plus I like the fact that the Touring will have leatherette seating surface as opposed to cloth. I was going to add the Tech package to it as well but if the HID Xenon will not be a part of it forget it. I'll just do without the Tech and maybe add Navigation later on (assuming they have a plug-in version like the CX-5)

Back