Dragonballspeed Build (Finding an Identity)

What color are you painting?

I'm going to got back to orignal, Spicy! In all seriousness, Im shopping for a painter right now since I do not have a compressor capable of operating a paint gun. I plan to do all body and prep work so all I have to pay for is the paint. I could go the route of rattle can, but by the time I get the material I need to match the color, I might as well pay a professional. Although, if you know where I can get the paint for cheaper that $50 can LMK.

Man I was just in Plano this past weekend and thought about stopping by to check this out but ran out of time. Next time maybe when it is done!

I'm so ready to be done, you have no idea. I haven't driven her in over 3 years!

I'm going to got back to orignal, Spicy! In all seriousness, Im shopping for a painter right now since I do not have a compressor capable of operating a paint gun. I plan to do all body and prep work so all I have to pay for is the paint. I could go the route of rattle can, but by the time I get the material I need to match the color, I might as well pay a professional. Although, if you know where I can get the paint for cheaper that $50 can LMK.

I'm so ready to be done, you have no idea. I haven't driven her in over 3 years!

Can you find sponsors for the paint work?

At one time my friend was getting wheels from Enkei as sponsorship. They even used a pic of his car for magazine ads!

I might get lucky with a friend of the family type situation. Will talk more to the contact person later this week. As far as sponsorship goes, I tried that a ways back with at least 25 different companies, and never got anywhere. For most shops in the DFW area to consider this, you would probably need to spend an arm and a leg first. But then I couldn't walk or drive at that price.......lol

i'll sponsor you with high fives and way to gos

Thanks!!! I just wished that went farther than feeling good about the project

take it to sam at crossover auto for the paint

Sam doesn't do paint, he just 3rd parties it out to a painter he has worked with. Last I remember, the respray he did on his MSP was very high dollar and did not even retain factory color. I think he went with slightly different hue.

Does anyone have or know of someone who has a LX air dam for 2001+ bumper? I think this may be a better bumper for my overall goal. Plus it will work quiet easily with a splitter. Thanks

I wished I had one right now, life has been pretty jam packed lately. However, I am still prepping for paint and gathering materials. One of the biggest things I need to happen right now is the selling of all of my aftermarket and left over OEM parts. That would be huge.

I'm either going to go with a Chase Bays tucked dual pass radiator that measures 24"x13" or get a Ron Davis one built, redo the slip joint connections on the front, and then start aquiring various bits for the oiling system and motor. I'm hoping this will start moving along soon as well.

Here is a couple of recent photos of just the remade core support when removed from the car. I should have taken these way back, but better late than never.

core%20support%20(1).JPG

core%20support%20(2).JPG

core%20support%20(3).JPG

Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
This is such an amazing build. I hope to one day be able to work on a similar project. Keep up the good work and don't give up. Though I won't always post I will for sure keep track of your work.

OK so this thread is not dead, just highly unmotivated over the Winter months to work in a cold garage. Anyway here is a quick update. New trunk panel made, will be adding in a few beads for strength and weld in. The paint work to start soon!

progress%20(11).jpg

Last edited:
I thought so. Don't forget there are people watching this build that deal with some serious cold for several months not days. Also ^that guy (JT, I believe) who has it worse than me.

Latest posts

Back