2017 Mazda RX-7 News

Antoine

Administrator
If you haven't heard, there are multiple reports that Mazda is indeed "planning" on releasing a next generation Mazda RX-7 in 2017. Since this is a BIG DEAL, I am dedicating this thread and forum to this future RX-7! Please post any related news, comments, thoughts, rumors etc in this thread / forum...I'm looking forward to see and know more about Mazda's 4th Generation RX-7, thanks!

It's been rumored for the last 10 years since the FD went out of production. I know they are producing another rotary sports car but the big questions are: What will it be called? What segment will it fall in? Will it be hybrid? If it is planned for 2017 we wont hear anything about it until at least 2015 from Mazda officially.

Good questions...From what I've heard / read recently, it seems like Mazda is going to maintain the RX-7 name and that it won't be a hybrid (although that's not to say it won't incorporate fuel saving technologies)...The segment might be Premium / High-End Sports Car...Powered by a 2 Rotor based on the 16X (larger capacity but naturally aspirated) with a target of 300hp..?

Of course, time will tell what the real specs are but at least now it seems Mazda is definitely moving forward with a next gen RX-7 program...We'll see! :D

If you search for "Mazda RX-7" via Google News...You'll see a whole bunch of recent articles mentioning the return of the RX-7...:)

* Roadster and it is able to be cheap :) and everbody will buy !

* 1000-1200 kg's enough

* 300 hp na rotary with range extender

* Maybe engine in the front range extender in the back with everybody see like exotics and give them product numbers on range extenders :) to be unique !

* Put it on a fuel comsumption gauge :) to see mileage !

* Create the shape of the furai ! it is looking like to be Zonda's maybe roadster version looks like Zonda S 7.3

Back