CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!

Thread: 2017 Mazda RX-7 News

Founder

Eunos Cosmo 20B

Blog Entries

Talking 2017 Mazda RX-7 News

If you haven't heard, there are multiple reports that Mazda is indeed "planning" on releasing a next generation Mazda RX-7 in 2017. Since this is a BIG DEAL, I am dedicating this thread and forum to this future RX-7! Please post any related news, comments, thoughts, rumors etc in this thread / forum...I'm looking forward to see and know more about Mazda's 4th Generation RX-7, thanks!

Registered Member

2011 Mazda 2 Sport, 1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II

It's been rumored for the last 10 years since the FD went out of production. I know they are producing another rotary sports car but the big questions are: What will it be called? What segment will it fall in? Will it be hybrid? If it is planned for 2017 we wont hear anything about it until at least 2015 from Mazda officially.
    1996 Ford Thunderbird LX - 4.6L V8 - 4-Speed auto - Full LED replacement in progress - Daily Driver
    2012 Mazda 3i Touring - 2.0L Skyactiv I-4 - 6-Speed manual - Corksport CBE w/racepipe - DDM HIDs with Black Series lenses, 9011 HIR1 high beams - Full LED replacement in Progress - SOLD
    2011 Mazda 2 Sport - 1.5L MZR I-4 - 5-Speed - First retrofitted Mazda 2 in North America http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...it-your-Mazda2 - TOTALED
    Now offering retrofit services including projector swaps, lens swaps, painting, etc. PM for more datils

Founder

Eunos Cosmo 20B

Blog Entries
    Good questions...From what I've heard / read recently, it seems like Mazda is going to maintain the RX-7 name and that it won't be a hybrid (although that's not to say it won't incorporate fuel saving technologies)...The segment might be Premium / High-End Sports Car...Powered by a 2 Rotor based on the 16X (larger capacity but naturally aspirated) with a target of 300hp..?

Of course, time will tell what the real specs are but at least now it seems Mazda is definitely moving forward with a next gen RX-7 program...We'll see!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $10

White P5 go-kart

from whence said reports??

Founder

Eunos Cosmo 20B

Blog Entries
    If you search for "Mazda RX-7" via Google News...You'll see a whole bunch of recent articles mentioning the return of the RX-7...
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $10

White P5 go-kart

Indeed!
    Most of the reports reference the same source on "The Motor Report" from Nobuhiro Yamamoto

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/553...-2017-yamamoto

Registered Member

Rx-8 R3

* Roadster and it is able to be cheap and everbody will buy !

* 1000-1200 kg's enough

* 300 hp na rotary with range extender

* Maybe engine in the front range extender in the back with everybody see like exotics and give them product numbers on range extenders to be unique !

* Put it on a fuel comsumption gauge to see mileage !

* Create the shape of the furai ! it is looking like to be Zonda's maybe roadster version looks like Zonda S 7.3