Rally2003's Build Thread

It is in my trunk. I'll take one of it tomorrow. The edge that goes undernath the hood were it makes a 90 had some issuses with releasing the gel coat. It might of had some air trapted between the 2 layers.

Are you doing a hand lay? if so I would say practice with fiberglass as its alot cheaper than CF. lol

That is my theory too. The properties layout a little different, but it is the same concept. I'm going to have to modify the rear part facing the door, becasue there is no way cf will make that tight of a bend to go back behind the fender where the door tucks behind it. The cf will brobably have to be flush with the door and maybe just stick a piece of foam behind the fender to keep water and stones from going everywhere.

Corey if you make fiberglass fenders for practice ill purchase them.

I think the biggest problem was the gelcoat in some areas stuck to the fender. I'll need to wax it a lot better next time. I should have some fiberglass fenders next week on my next day off and go from there. Right now the left front fender looks jacked up.

pics or it didn't happen

lol true. I'll take one tomorrow or you can see the bad mold in person. I really hope I can get 2 days off in a row next week so I can actually make some progress on this. Sucks working on it for a day and then having to think about it for another 5 days before anything else can happen. Sucks balls.

Some one needs to invent bills that pay themselves so we don't have to work unless we want to.

Good mods! You use AWR 21,5 rear sway bar, is goodest then Progress 22mm sway bar?

Good mods! You use AWR 21,5 rear sway bar, is goodest then Progress 22mm sway bar?

I have never used the Progress bar, but I like how I can change the stiffeness of the bar if I want. I modified it and cut the end off by 6-7 inches for street use and have the ecdlink attachment almost all the way up to make it act like a straight rear sway bar. It rotates over very well in the turns. I'm happy with all of AWR products.

I have never used the Progress bar, but I like how I can change the stiffeness of the bar if I want. I modified it and cut the end off by 6-7 inches for street use and have the ecdlink attachment almost all the way up to make it act like a straight rear sway bar. It rotates over very well in the turns. I'm happy with all of AWR products.

Know what's fun about having that bar in the stiffest setting and not cutting the ends off? It makes really cool marks in the snow when it's deep.

Know what's fun about having that bar in the stiffest setting and not cutting the ends off? It makes really cool marks in the snow when it's deep.

Nice.

Powersteering pump locked up last night, so I replaced it at midnight before racing this morning. Raced today and somehow snapped off the sensor for the powersteering pump while racing. I have no idea what it does, but it locks up the gear in the pump and it fails for sure. Kinda hard to race without PS. Oh well 2nd place will do for today.

Corey I saw the pics of the pissing PS. I think there might be some water or something in the system.

Corey I saw the pics of the pissing PS. I think there might be some water or something in the system.

the sensor ended up breaking off of the pump in the end. not sure if the IC piping broke it or what. just sucks that it happened during the race. would've been okay after he beat that gay american saturn IMO

It cavitated and overheated. I'll be taking it in tomorrow to get the system flushed and go from there.

Until then I'm going to work with some more cf tonight and start resanding the left fender smooth again to try another go at the mold. Hoping to get the interior radio bezel done and start the shifter/cup holder bezel.

56.893 sec. (I have never ran my best run on my first run) 61.028 sec. (ps pump started acting up and I thought it was a motor issue and back way off the throttle) DNF (feel behind/to much speed on a sharp right to left turn and spun :)) 57.566 (no ps and only 1 sec. behind) = 56.893 -0.579 behind 1st. Oh well maybe next time with ps. I should have shifted to 3rd too on the long offest going to the back of the course. I was @6.5-7k rpms almost all the way back. Driver mod fail. 2 more events left this years and the motor still runs great. Good Times! Next event is on 9/30/2012 and hopefully I'll have some cf done :)

Finished the carbon fiber interior bezels, well it least laying it. The 2 pieces are drying right now. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them up.

Back