Does USB work with any I pod, Nano and Shuffle?

mclark999

:
2013 CX-5 Sport AWD Automatic
Do the radio controls work with any of the iPods? Doesn't work at ask with my Sony.

I don't have any Apple products, but would consider a Nano if I can control it from the radio head unit.

Do the radio controls work with any of the iPods? Doesn't work at ask with my Sony.

I don't have any Apple products, but would consider a Nano if I can control it from the radio head unit.

It does; can change artists/tracks/playlists/etc

Anyone tried it with the 7th Gen Ipod Classic 160gb? I'd love to have all of my music from home in the car.

I'd like to find a way to stream Pandora to the head unit and have it displey all the functionality of the web site. I'm currently using my LG Optimus smart phone with limited success. Is there a better way to do this? I'm kinda new to this connectivity thing.

Why do some of you people always look to do things the most complicated way? I assume it is some form of music or similar that you want to listen to. So why not do what I did and copy every album that you want to take with you on your travels onto a flash drive in mp3 format. This works perfectly and displays fine on screen and is so simple that the mind boggles at all this techno nonsense, or is it really just to impress?

It is my understanding that with an iPod plugged in you can do things like playlists, which would be kinda nice.

I still can't believe that it doesn't have a way to jump forward a folder on a USB, 3 different ways to go forward and back a song but if you want the next folder you have to go to folder list and then scroll all the way through them until you get to the spot on the list where you currently are and then select the next one on the list and then select the first song on that list.

I am only able to see up to 255 songs in the root. Going to try subfolders next. Will probably reach a limit of 255 songs per folder with a maximum of 255 folders and no more than 2000 songs altogether. Oh yeah, it has to be formatted to either FAT or FAT32. NTFS will not do.
The annoying thing is that random play (shuffle) only works within current folder. You cannot shuffle accross all folders - which would be ideal.
Mazda, you should improve on this.

Why do some of you people always look to do things the most complicated way? I assume it is some form of music or similar that you want to listen to. So why not do what I did and copy every album that you want to take with you on your travels onto a flash drive in mp3 format. This works perfectly and displays fine on screen and is so simple that the mind boggles at all this techno nonsense, or is it really just to impress?

Or maybe they run, jog, bike or exercise with said device? Or make a call and play games, FB, Twitter, Instagram etc and this use is an extension of their portable electronic life.

Also given that the USB port is kinda close to the lid, I'm not sure all types of flash drives would fit in there.

Back