Font Motorsports Mazda 2 Build

Question: to make those bumpers fit your going to have to ( or already did ) remove the 5mph bumper . The thing weighs 15 lbs , so if you have done this can you post a how to or photos of the removal . I would love to lose that extra weight hanging from the front . Thanks

Question: to make those bumpers fit your going to have
to ( or already did ) remove the 5mph bumper . The thing weighs 15 lbs , so if you have
done this can you post a how to or photos of the removal . I would love to lose that extra
weight hanging from the front . Thanks

I see you're in South Florida? Mazda2SFL!

Ok, since you asked about the Thai bumpers I've posted some pics and some info.

The Thai front bumper fits right in. Plug-n-play. No mods needed. It's actually the rear
bumper that needs modification. The US rear has I guess what you referred to as a 5mph
bumper. It's a big metal piece that probably does weight about 15lbs.

Front Bumper - US bumper comes out fairly easy.

ThaiFrontBumperBuild1

Front Bumper
- Just a bunch of foam. Did not notice any metal pieces that could be taken
off to save weight.

ThaiFrontBumperBuild2

Front Bumper
- Test fit the unpainted Thai Front Bumper and it fit right in.

Side Note - If you'd like to buy these beautiful used Enkei SC03 wheels click here - LINK

ThaiFrontBumperBuild3

ThaiFrontBumperBuild4

ThaiFrontBumperBuild5

Rear Bumper - As you can see underneath the rear US bumper we have a metal inner
bumper. This is where I needed to make some modifications. See those two metal piece
sticking out? I'm guessing they are there to pass some sort of US safety regulation. The
UK/Asian Mazda 2 rear bumper does not have these two pieces.

To fit the Thai rear bumper those two metal piece need to be cut off because the Thai rear
bumper is narrower than the US rear bumper. I DO NOT suggest you do this to your
Mazda 2 in anyway. But I'm ok with it for myself. :)

ThaiRearBumperBuild1

Rear Bumper
- This is one of the brackets that holds the rear Bumper. Be careful
uninstalling the rear bumper as these, as i found out break very easily. Good thing they
only cost about $25 ( L&R pair ) at your local Mazda dealer.

ThaiRearBumperBuild2

Rear Bumper
- Only 6 bolts hold up this metal piece. Came off easily. This piece might
weigh around 15lbs or so. Might be something to look at to save weight if you race your 2.
But I'd keep it in there for daily drivers.

ThaiRearBumperBuild4

Rear Bumper - Since the Thai bumper has a euro license plate I had to cut the two metal
pieces that stick out because if i don't the Thai rear bumper will not fit.

ThaiRearBumperBuild3

Rear Bumper - Used a Dremel to cut off the metal piece. This was fun.

ThaiRearBumperBuild5

Rear Bumper - Here's the metal piece with the two pieces cut off. I've sanded the sharp
edges off and painted the exposed metal white to avoid rust. Doesn't have to be perfect
since it's not going to be seen. I guess i could have just left the whole piece out completely
but I do want to keep it as safe in the rear as possible.

ThaiRearBumperBuild6

Last edited:
Wow , your really going the extra mile , I like it all . The pics explained a lot , love the "slim" thai rear bumper .
Mazda2SFL should do a meet up , I think there's a few of us around .

Wow , your really going the extra mile , I like it all . The pics explained a lot , love the "slim" thai rear bumper .
Mazda2SFL should do a meet up , I think there's a few of us around .

Thanks! Agreed on the rear bumper. I think Mazda ruined the original design somewhat for the US version. I like the original design a lot more. Plus I'll be able to put a nice diffuser on the rear for my center dual exhaust.

We should meet up. Are you part of the SFLA Mazda Crew on Facebook? Look them up. They don't actually have any Mazda 2's yet. I've been meaning to show up but I'm waiting till my 2 is just right. Wanna make an impression with all those MAZDASPEED3's around. :)

Counting you there should be 3 of us in South Florida that i know of. There were 4 but he dropped his 2 for a 3 sedan. :(

Last edited:
Wow, been a while since I've see this.
Looks great, thats quite some progress.
Any more info on the wheel setup?

I forget that this forum is in english. Translation: Sell me this bumper... hahahahaha

It's ok. Entiendo espaol. ;) I can get it for you but you will not like the shipping cost. An OEM Thai front bumper from Mazda costs under $200 ( unpainted ) when i bought it. The shipping however was a lot more. Around $600 to ship to me by sea and it took around 5 months to get to me. However, it was the front and rear bumpers along with some side skirts. Let me know.

so what are youdoing with the styrofoam on the grill? i know see why we have the front plastic bar on the OEM. but id love to have this bumper for intercooler/tranny cooler

so what are youdoing with the styrofoam on the grill? i know see why we have the front plastic bar on the OEM. but id love to have this bumper for intercooler/tranny cooler

Just left the Styrofoam on there. No plans for an inter-cooler yet.

Last edited:
Leaving Miami you mean?

Yea, I grew up in cooper city and moved to georgia 6 years ago. I try and get down there once a year. My sister has a place in coconut grove, she just finished up law school at UM.

Driving from north NGA to SFL with 2 little girls SUCKS, especially when they are sick. No less than 4 vomits in the car, and coming back on sunday took 14.5 hours including a stop for lunch and dinner.

Yea, I grew up in cooper city and moved to georgia 6 years ago. I try and get down there once a year. My sister has a place in coconut grove, she just finished up law school at UM.

Driving from north NGA to SFL with 2 little girls SUCKS, especially when they are sick. No less than 4 vomits in the car, and coming back on sunday took 14.5 hours including a stop for lunch and dinner.

Ouch! 4 vomits and 14.5 hours seems harsh. :) Miss Miami?

Only a little. It did feel good to actually hear people using their horns and various means of expression on the road. Here (GA), a person can sit through an entire green light and not get a single horn honk. Its crazy.

Back