Font Motorsports Mazda 2 Build

:
2012 Mazda 2
FMSLogoBanner

Welcome,

Finally decided to start my official Font Motorsports Mazda 2 Build. I've already done many things through out this year but as of yet have not posted. I will be posting them in the days and weeks to come. I'll start off with a FLASH!

If you don't get the reference hit the LINK.

Info -

I decided to ship my 2011 Mazda 2 ECU to Joe at Dynotronics on a dare and it was well worth the time and effort. Very happy with the results to say the least. Thank you Joe for calling me out. You have proven me very wrong and I'm happy about it.

Was it worth it? Ah... hell yes!

Review & Opinion
-

Update
( 8/29/12 ) Now I know where my 2nd gear went! It's been there all along.... in the dark waiting to be released and Joe at Dynotronics released it dammit! I felt a definite difference from the start, on every single gear. 1st is stronger. 2nd is now there and then some. I now feel that I'm actually driving a acceptable performance car. No more going up a bridge... slowly on 2nd. No more merging onto the highway... slowly on 2nd. It's on! I've only had it for two days so far so I'm still judging the differences with 3rd through 5th gear. I will include those opinions later next week when i have a full grasp of the awesomeness that is the Dynotronics ECU Flash. I do have to use Premium gas now.

Update ( 8/30/12 ) Took the 2 out for lunch today at work with two co-workers ( one is 6-2 and weighs around 250lbs ) and they both agreed that the car felt faster as they could tell the deference as they've ridden in my car several times. Still had punch. When I installed the flashed ECU i was on Regular gas for a day. Last night I topped it off with Premium and it feels a bit better.

Over all impression is that i feel a difference on all the gears. Mostly on 2nd and 3rd. 4th and 5th feel slightly more powerful.

For Sale -

I'm now able to sell this product as well. If anyone is interested in a quote please PM me and I'll send you the details. Worried about your warranty? Don't be! An ECU Flash by Dynotronics will NOT void your warranty because they are the official tuner for Mazda US.

Warranty Statement Above -

I just want to clear up what i said above. This is what i was told by Dynotronics. Will i ask for proof on this matter from Dynotronics? Yes i will.

More Info
-

For more info regarding the Flash please click here - http://www.dynotronicstuning.com/dyno-faq.html

Last edited:
Awesome! That is very exciting news. In addition to the added performance, I'm curious to hear how fuel efficiency is affected in normal driving (as hard as that will be with a more fun car). Will those of us with basic intake and cat-back upgrades be able to get appropriate tunes as well? What is the turnaround time on this, and is there a chance in the near future he'll have some core ecu's for those of us will need them? Also, is there a reduced fee for those that get a stock tune now and might later need a re-tune after future modifications?

I can't wait to hear more about this! I second every question Eyeballs mentioned: cost, turnaround time, core possibilities, impact on efficiency, variations on tune... Will you be doing a dyno comparison against stock?

Glad to see you're starting a build on here :D
Even better to see a tune now available, doing well there man (thumb)

I have my doubts about the warranty... hmmmm

Same here. I wonder what the cost of a spare ecu would be to have on hand just in case. Although in my case the novelty of a new car warranty seems to wear off in about 6 months.

In addition to cost, I'd really like to know how much the rev-limiter will be bumped.

I'll try to answer as best i can but just want to mention that I'm no expert on ECU mapping. If i don't know an answer to your questions i will send it over to Joe at Dynotronics to answer. Or hopefully he'll get on here himself and answer them. :)

Awesome! That is very exciting news. In addition to the added performance, I'm curious to hear how fuel efficiency is affected in normal driving (as hard as that will be with a more fun car).

From what i know the flash is supposed to also help with fuel efficiency but i have not run that test yet. Tonight while driving home I'll see what I'm getting.

Will those of us with basic intake and cat-back upgrades be able to get appropriate tunes as well? What is the turnaround time on this, and is there a chance in the near future he'll have some core ecu's for those of us will need them? Also, is there a reduced fee for those that get a stock tune now and might later need a re-tune after future modifications?

I don't know the answer to these questions just yet. I will find them out from Joe very soon.

I can't wait to hear more about this! I second every question Eyeballs mentioned: cost, turnaround time, core possibilities, impact on efficiency, variations on tune... Will you be doing a dyno comparison against stock?

The answers will come very soon. Yes, i will be doing a comparison on a dyno soon. It won't be stock though. It'll be against my previous dyno with an intake. Which gave me an extra 5.4hp.

I have my doubts about the warranty... hmmmm

Same here. I wonder what the cost of a spare ecu would be to have on hand just in case. Although in my case the novelty of a new car warranty seems to wear off in about 6 months.

I understand your doubts but that's what i was told by Joe at Dynotronics. Hopefully he'll get on here and answer this one to put you guys at ease.

Back