The PlastiDip Thread

I'm probably going to PlastiDip my Rays wheels black too. I just can't rattle can expensive wheels. heh-heh.

Just so you know, it's been said the heat seen by wheels makes the plastidip much tougher to remove...at least that's what I've read.

I've been looking at repainting for awhile now - and I found a color loud enough, vulgar enough, and just plain obnoxious enough to put it on my car.

I'm going to be dipping the entire car Firebelly Orange and leave the MS6 wheels bronze. Should make a nice match.

try it on something you don't mind messing up (not saying it won't work, it's just I've never heard of anyone doing that before) it should still work i would think. Although, if you clear coat plasti dip it doesn't want to peel off as easy as it would without the clear coat.

i bought 4 cans for 20 bucks while i was on vacation in florida, in toronto its 20 bucks for 1 can what a rip off so i remembered reading plastic dip is cheaper in the us so i stocked up. im now wishing i bought more cans but im gonna make due with what i got. some good ideas on here for sure !

Yeah... I visited both Home Depot and Home Hardware today for some PD. The Home Depot in my area doesn't even have it anymore - they tell me its an online order only, and it's $20.00 at Home Hardware when they have it. You guys have me so enthralled with the possibilities of PD. Must... perform... paint jobs...

D88242CD-CA8E-4C18-AE96-8DDE3606D8C0-44500-00001922965C7408.jpg

You should peel it from the "5" and leave it red with the car. It'll look clean

Yeah... I visited both Home Depot and Home Hardware today for some PD. The Home Depot in my area doesn't even have it anymore - they tell me its an online order only, and it's $20.00 at Home Hardware when they have it. You guys have me so enthralled with the possibilities of PD. Must... perform... paint jobs...

contact nextmod, they have some and its at a good price.

I actually picked up 6 cans for $12 a pop (as opposed to $20) from a rep at APF Automotive in Mississauga. I don't have his card on me right now so I'll post the email and phone number when I get home.

I'd rather wait to get more myself I have fam that live right at the us/ Canada border and I go at least once a month so I might go pick some up this weekend

Ok, so this is my first post and I've heard a lot recently about PD and all the different applications for it. I've given in and bought two of the 11oz rattle cans today and plan on doing my stock wheels as shown in the pictures. If it turns out alright, I'll add some clear to the non-PD'd areas to make it pop. Then hopefully move on to PDing the spoiler, rear valance and badges. Maybe even the whole damn thing! Haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 252
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 246
Thinking of painting my p5 trunk black. How many cans of plasti dip will cover the entire trunk?

Thinking of painting my p5 trunk black. How many cans of plasti dip will cover the entire trunk?

About a can will do all the trims on the rear of the trunk + valence. 2 cans if you wana do multiple layers for a better finished look

Back