Sirius buttons greyed out? Help?

rlp2955

Hi all, I just got my CX5 GT earlier this week and am trying to figure out what is going on with my Sirius setup. When I am on the main screen, both the Seek Alert and Parental Lockout buttons are not active while I am driving the car. They only seem to activate when I come to a complete stop? I can't imagine this is right...so not sure if its a setting somewhere or what. Any thoughts???

Sorry to say, but that's right. Lovely isn't it? Just like many built in gps units lock out features when in motion.

My 6 year old Sirius unit in my other car lets me do everything while driving. Quite annoying.

Sorry to say, but that's right. Lovely isn't it? Just like many built in gps units lock out features when in motion.

My 6 year old Sirius unit in my other car lets me do everything while driving. Quite annoying.

That is crazy! I would really like to understand how they determined that to be a safety issue. The "Channel List", "Play", "Fast Forward" etc. buttons are active constantly. You still have to reach up to select those and its multiple button pushes just like the Seek or Parental Lockout. That is really, really odd. Defeats the entire purpose of having the "Seek Alert" functionality if you can't set it when a song or artist comes on that you like.

I am surprised the manual said nothing about this unless I missed it somewhere?

That is crazy! I would really like to understand how they determined that to be a safety issue. The "Channel List", "Play", "Fast Forward" etc. buttons are active constantly. You still have to reach up to select those and its multiple button pushes just like the Seek or Parental Lockout. That is really, really odd. Defeats the entire purpose of having the "Seek Alert" functionality if you can't set it when a song or artist comes on that you like.

I am surprised the manual said nothing about this unless I missed it somewhere?

So just to be clear then...you both have Sirius and can verify that yours does the exact same thing?

Someone needs to post which wire contains the speed sensor for the head unit. Then it is just a matter of hacking around it....any electrical engineers on site?

Of course, if it's using GPS to calculate speed, that old school cut the wire technique won't work.

Last edited:
Back