fog lights with out head lights on?

BeetleJuice

:
mazda2 touring
Hi guys, is there a way to run the fog lights with out the headlights being on? I have a touring and it would be cool to have that as a feature.
I have a euro switch in my vw gti that can just run the fogs on my car but im just wondering if I can do this to the 2?

I did a mod for that on my MS3. Had to cut and splice a couple wires under the dash. I'm sure others will chime in, but I'm sure there's a way for you to mod it also.

i did this on my Fit back in 07, i was scared to do it, but it was pretty easy and clean. spliced the fog wire with the radio wire and when the ignition was turned on, the fog lights turned they were my DTRL's. I followed a write up tho.. so we need somebody to identify the fog wires behind the dash and another wire we can tap into. It would be a great mod.

Is anyone pursuing this? That Fit setup with fogs as DRLs sounds interesting...

Been thinking about it. Also been thinking about getting a DRL module and CS LED fog bulbs and make my LED fogs stay on all the time, but then I saw it on a Prius and it kind of ruined it for me. I might try the fogs+park lights thing this spring.

I was considering a DRL module as well. I put one on the Civic si I used to have, and loved it. It ran the highs on reduced wattage (which looked really unusual on that car since it was not a USDM option), so I set it up to turn on as soon as the emergency brake was released, and turn off if the emergency brake was engaged. The one I bought was from PUMA. Easy install with great instructions, and they had another module to run low beams, fogs or other things at full power as well as some other options. Actually, when I saw the Prius always-on fogs - I liked it! I'm still hoping to get a setup figured out soon....

▲▲▲ ok..ok... bump for most wanted free mod that could be done in 15 minutes... and if anybody in north america has turbo mod... post it!

BUMP!!! I'm still waiting for someone to post up. SOMEONE must have done this by now...

So... Has anyone wired up the fogs as DRLs/always on? Post #173 on the FitForum has a good write up: http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...endent-fog-light-first-post-has-answer-9.html

I'm guessing ours must be similar, but I have no idea where any of the wires are we'd need to start working with. I like this particular install because it's done clean and proper with a fuse in an empty location in the the fusebox. Does anyone on the forum have experience with accessing the wiring related to our lights?

Last edited:
Does anyone have a Mazda2 manual, that can scan the schematics for the foglights. It can be done, but looking at other cars is useless since wires can be different colors!

It's in the works. Should be done tomorrow if all goes well. I will be sure to post a DIY :]

Back