Mazda3 2007 - P0113 + TCS/DSC Light + Battery Light (On/Off)

cloves

Hi everyone,

We are having some issues with our Mazda 3. Code scanner is giving us a P0113 (IAT High Voltage) plus the TCS/DSC light comes on at the same time. The battery light also is coming on and off. the MAF/IAT was replaced about 8 months ago. Back at that point the car had hesitation and was shutting off. Mechanic at the time swapped it for a re-manufactured MAF. I disconnected the battery today and I took out the MAF/IAT and cleaned it out. It was actually pretty clean. I checked the connectors coming out of the MAF and the pin inside, everything was pretty clean looking and I didnt see any corrosion. Reassembled everything and did the start for a minute and shut off relearn process when done. Went for a ride and about 20 minutes later check engine and TCS/DSC came back on.

Anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing all these things to occur? One of the mechanics who took a look quickly at the car said it could be the alternator starting to fail. The car has 65k on it.

Mazda 3 2008 - P0113 + TCS/DSC Light + Battery Light (On/Off)

Hi everyone,

We are having some issues with our Mazda 3. Code scanner is giving us a P0113 (IAT High Voltage) plus the TCS/DSC light comes on at the same time. The battery light also is coming on and off. the MAF/IAT was replaced about 8 months ago. Back at that point the car had hesitation and was shutting off. Mechanic at the time swapped it for a re-manufactured MAF. I disconnected the battery today and I took out the MAF/IAT and cleaned it out. It was actually pretty clean. I checked the connectors coming out of the MAF and the pin inside, everything was pretty clean looking and I didnt see any corrosion. Reassembled everything and did the start for a minute and shut off relearn process when done. Went for a ride and about 20 minutes later check engine and TCS/DSC came back on.

Anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing all these things to occur? One of the mechanics who took a look quickly at the car said it could be the alternator starting to fail. The car has 65k on it.

How are you? I have got exactly the same problem with you except that my mazda is 2008. I have got the AEM cold air intake. Have you managed to get your car fixed or figured out the issue? Please let me know!

John

Mazda 3 2007 - P0113 + TCS/DSC Light + Battery Light (On/Off)

Battery light usually means the alternator isn't charging the battery.

Yes but the battery lights come on and off only after the P0113 code is on. I read somewhere else that the P0113 would trigger the battery light even though the alternator is okay.

I want to make sure that it is the problem with the Mass Air Flow sensor and not the alternator as the price for replacement is $70 (MAF sensor) vs $400 (aftermarket) alternator, mazda original alternator would cause more than $1000+

Sorry everyone I guess the forum doesn't email us when we got a reply. We changed the Mass Air Flow Sensor to a new OEM one, Denso 197-6020 Mass Air Flow Sensor . Problem solved. Car has been running fine since then which is over 6 months. Weird that the ecm threw the other codes. I checked the manual for diagnosing the cables coming out of the mass air flow sensor and it wasn't chaffed. A mechanic had changed the sensor about 6 months before, using a re-manufactured one. So avoid that and just use the denso one which is available on amazon.

Back