Really good bluetooth music options?

I'm looking for something that will:

Sounds good
Control from the steering wheel
Play random when select random on the radio
Show full, correct song info
Wake up and connect quickly when starting the car

So far we've tried:

A sony mp3 player that we had and it sounds good, has full control from the steering wheel, plays random, shows all the right song info but every time we stop it goes to sleep and you have to go through waking it up and telling it you want to reconnect. Not a big deal, I know, but a bit of a hassle when you are running errands and stopping a lot.

A cheap Nokia X2 phone that sounded so bad we didn't bother testing it much, although it had the song title info correct.

A Sony Mix Phone/Mp3 player that sounded good, full control from the steering wheel, reconnects fast when starting the car without having to hit any buttons on it but shows no song info at all.

Anyone found anything that does all 5 things?

Thanks for any input you have.

Last edited:
I read some good reviews of that setup but also some that weren't in Mazda3s that had problems with song information coming through after updates.

Is this a setup that is commonly used by Mazda3 owners successfully or do most just not worry about the song information.

I know it isn't a huge deal not getting the info but if I was willing to settle we'd have bought a Cruze :)

We tried a blackberry playbook yesterday and it worked great except sometimes when we'd shut the car off for awhile when it would wake the blackberry back up it wouldn't play any audio. It would show the song info and the time on the song would move forward but no audio would come out. Even on the screen on the playbook it would look like it was playing.

Back