Auto Lock Programming (w/ manual Door Lock Knob)

iammario

:
Mazda CX5 GT
Hi,

Just acquired the new CX5 GT and the car isn't automatically locking at 12mph, seems like its on Function no 1 (auto door-lock disabled).

I am trying to program the car to have the Function 3 (doors and liftgate lock automatically...at 12mph...) BUT my car DO NOT have the door lock switch.

Door Lock Switch (not present on the car at all) PIC -- https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6739338/lockButton.JPG
Manual door lock knob (present) PIC -- https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6739338/manualKnob.jpeg

So with the manual emphasizing to 'press and hold the lock side of the driver's door-lock switch....' which doesn't exist in the car, how do I program the auto-lock with the manual door lock knob?

This is the Japanese Touring version of the CX5.

Thanks!

-Mario

Not totally getting what you mean, our US spec ones have the manual lock as well as power lock switch.

The settings to change auto lock are under setup - vehicle. You can only get that menu when the car is off and in the on position. Press once for acc and press it again to go to on. You know your in the right mode if u can open and close the windows.

My japanese spec does not have the power lock switch but have the manual lock.

Under the vehicle setting - I can only find 3 main settings:
1. Door Locks
1.1 Auto re-lock time
1.2 Lock beep volume
1.3 Walk away lock
2. Lighting
3. Wipers

So weird.

What button is in the place of the door lock button? Did they remove it to give you some awesome other feature?

Nope, they just left it blank like the pic below

driverSideControl.jpg

Nope, they just left it blank like the pic below

driverSideControl.jpg

It looks like some of the models in your country do not have the electric locks as a standard. Here in Canada all models have electric locks... So just a little logic here, if all you have is manual locks how do you expect the car to talk to them? there is no way for the car to lock your doors using electric locks if you don't have them! If there was electric locks and they locked at 12 MPH then they would just put the button in for you to use them also :)

So manual means manual in this case. the manual has that in there for people that have electric locks I am assuming, before today I never even knew a model can without them! guess it just makes it cheaper in other markets!

Last edited:
The wiring is probably there but no power lock actuators, it saves money on lower models!

I'm having exactly same problem with my Japanese import (to Thailand) - 2014 CX5. To make matters worse, I don't have the head unit (radio) so I have no access to the settings display. But there should be the same factory settings as the US/Canada versions, no? Can't the dealer sort this?

Can anyone post the settings on how it should look when the auto door lock is on? and the driver's side power switch. My model is 2012 CX5 GT AWD and they don't lock automatically, but since it's a used car, it could have been disabled.

Back