JDM_Pro5's Build Thread

Sad day...had to sell my turbo.

I needed the money and the boost was just one more problem. My engine is burning oil and would have to be replaced before boosting. Luckily, it went to a well-experienced local. Justanothermp5 recently sold his forged motor and turbo equipment; he missed the boost and bought most of my parts. I still have a bit left (1 slim fan, MSP ECU, MSP oil cooler, etc.)

Oh well, this car just wasn't meant for boost

sucks man :/ I had to do the same thing after i turbocharged my p5 the first time. Dont give up though, it can definitely be done again!

Thanks for understanding guys. In all honesty, my body is shot, my motor is slowly dying, these transmissions suck baaaaad. It's just not right. I'd love to get a GC8 imprezza and turbo it, or buy something already turbo. We'll see

0381_zps4vxf5lcz.jpg

Finally got around to wrapping my radio surround. This was my first experience wrapping a contoured piece. I took my time and used a hairdryer. I think I did pretty alright.

20141111_115429_zpsbfvvbp7o.jpg

20141111_152116_zpshgqrte2w.jpg

20141111_154433_zpsbcrswvyo.jpg

Looks like I'm back in the turbo game. Getting some parts from a generous friend. There are plenty missing though and it will take some time to get all my ducks in a row again. I'll drop more info as things progress.

#DownButNotOut

Finally, after all these years, I have a DG Motorsports Grill. This grill is Fiberglass and will be painted to match.

20141206_125643_zpsaqavvl8p.jpg

20141206_122136_zps9tcatfgp.jpg

20141205_234503_zpsadbx7wgf.jpg

finally.. ;)

I think you've been waiting as long as I have.

Some news on the turbo deal. I'm getting a mostly stock MSP parts (welded calloway header, etc.) but I'm missing the most important part, the actual turbo. My plan is to grab a T25 turbo, the stock turbo from a Silvia, and use that. SCMP3 used the same turbo on his MSP and had to do very little modification to make it fit. It's a bit smaller and has better power output :)

I think you've been waiting as long as I have.

Some news on the turbo deal. I'm getting a mostly stock MSP parts (welded calloway header, etc.) but I'm missing the most important part, the actual turbo. My plan is to grab a T25 turbo, the stock turbo from a Silvia, and use that. SCMP3 used the same turbo on his MSP and had to do very little modification to make it fit. It's a bit smaller and has better power output :)

i'm happy with my sr20 t25 so far. iirc both the compressor and turbine wheels are the same size as the msp t25. only differences are the clock position, the compressor housing, and journal bearing

SRs came with Disco Potatoes (at least JDM/AUDM) which are 2860 Garrett. So bigger then msp turbo :)

US got the little version. The disco potato is a wonderful turbo for the Protege. Incredible potential, fast spooling, and a wide boost band. There's unfortunately a large price difference between the T25 and the 2860, otherwise, I'd have one

US got the little version. The disco potato is a wonderful turbo for the Protege. Incredible potential, fast spooling, and a wide boost band. There's unfortunately a large price difference between the T25 and the 2860, otherwise, I'd have one

Damn they're a dime a dozen here :(

Finally got around to trimming up a lower grill to replace the metal mesh that came with the DG grill. Incredibly happy with the results. All that is left is paint

20141215_215505_zpsuwf7khpk.jpg

20141215_223912_zpsmd02kfir.jpg

20141215_225059_zpslzxnbmlm.jpg

20141215_225351_zpsrnppaoot.jpg

Once I get my bonnet on, we will have very similar looking cars, except mines a sedan.

http://www.astina gt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15769

Back