JDM_Pro5's Build Thread

I just got it at a local exhaust shop. I think the Flowmaster Delta 40 or 50 would be the closest resemblance.

I need to do an exhaust! lol 2.5" is exactly what I need. I'm tired of people thinking my car is stock, but it is a sleeper right now haha besides the loud ass white wheels.

Okay I will defs keep that in mind. Hopefully I'll be getting a new exhaust sometime this summer!

Installed new, filled, motor mounts and took her for a quick wash.

20140414_125728_zps2rxigm4u.jpg

20140414_125646_zpsdwmj1wiq.jpg

Before the wash

20140413_190441_zpsrcdjjpph.jpg

Hopefully paint soon. Paint guy told me to wait a few weeks before he is ready. I have a titanium MSP bumper in my house that will be used for paint since this black bumper is a POS. The MSP lip will be painted and a Subaru s204 lip will be added. My car may actually be decent then

Hopefully paint soon. Paint guy told me to wait a few weeks before he is ready. I have a titanium MSP bumper in my house that will be used for paint since this black bumper is a POS. The MSP lip will be painted and a Subaru s204 lip will be added. My car may actually be decent then

YES YES YES. I've been waiting for this moment for so long. (2thumbs)

Going with stock midnight blue I hope?!

Let me get the lower grill and fog light deletes on this bumper since you have all three on the other MSP bumper. yeah? =D

Wait nevermind I forget you only have 3 fog light deletes lol, well let me get the one delete and lower grill and I'll just do a velocity stack on the driver side lol

Last edited:
Sorry buddy, I only own 1 fog delete. The extra bumper came without the msp lip. It's a bumper with a lower grill and nothing else. I own 3 lower grills and 2/3 have a hole in it. I plan on running the mint lower grill with the painted bumper, the msp lip with one fog delete, and a velocity stack on the driver's side feeding the turbo. You can have my third lower grill :)

Ah ok, well its going to look great and yeah I'm definitely doing the velocity stack idea on the drivers side. Thanks though and I can't wait to see the finished product.

Finally got around to changing my wheel bearings. I'm glad to have the help of my experienced neighbor who helped me pull the parts, press them, and reinstall. She now drives like butter

Disassembled
20140524_104647_zpsxvl1j4mj.jpg

20140524_104723_zpswnqkgadk.jpg

Hubs
20140524_111507_zpsmvomwfhp.jpg

Freshly pressed bearings
20140524_121459_zpsmodmosfy.jpg

Not to be a downer, but you might be needing some new ball joints/control arms. Those boots are torn.

I know. Checked on it and the control arm/ball joint is a solid piece. Ball joint is still stiff but it's only a matter of time now. Driver's side is still in good shape.

I appreciate you looking out!

I know. Checked on it and the control arm/ball joint is a solid piece. Ball joint is still stiff but it's only a matter of time now. Driver's side is still in good shape.

I appreciate you looking out!

What do you mean solid piece?

Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well. From what i was told by my local parts store, i can't buy that ball joint separately. Although it looks like it presses in, they sell the control arm/ball joint as a complete assembly

When you go to buy replacements, Hardrace makes full replacement control arms that are $250 compared to one for $250 from mazda. The hardrace arms have stiffer urethane in the bushings as well. Have them on my car. Good pieces

When you go to buy replacements, Hardrace makes full replacement control arms that are $250 compared to one for $250 from mazda. The hardrace arms have stiffer urethane in the bushings as well. Have them on my car. Good pieces

Forgot about those. Going to buy a set since mine are original with 165k+ lol

Back