Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7500 mile service

Donated: $15

2013 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech (Mar'12-Jul'14)

Quote Originally Posted by Alacoyote View Post
    Yes - Had it done at our favorite Mazda dealer. However, I purchased Mobil 0w20 synthetic oil and the filter separately (oil at Wal-Mart, the filter from the same dealer at a discount) and then provided them with the supplies. The labor was $15, which was much less than my time and aggravation would have cost for a DIY job. Dealer also performed a tire rotation and full-circle inspection for $22. Only complaint was that they didn't check the air pressure in the tires (of if they did, they didn't fill them) and after driving 2 miles from the dealer the TPMS monitor went off. Adding air and re-setting the monitor at home was simple enough but that certainly should have been done by the dealer, IMO.
    Alacoyote - Thanks for report.

btw - Did you get a loaner car?

2013 CX5-GS, AWD

Freeway Mazda says it is the home of the free lifetime oil change. I don't actually have my CX5 yet so I don't know all the details. I'm certainly going to inquire.

Hardest thing about DIY is disposing of the used oil; it used to be easy to drop off somewhere, but the number of places that accept it around here are limited. I try to DIY when I have the time which is usually never!
    Last edited by Bcdad182; 08-16-2012 at 05:25 PM.

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Bcdad182 View Post
    Freeway Mazda says it is the home of the free lifetime oil change. I don't actually have my CX5 yet so I don't know all the details. I'm certainly going to inquire.

Hardest thing about DIY is disposing of the used oil; it used to be easy to drop off somewhere, but the number of places that accept it around here are limited. I try to DIY when I have the time which is usually never!
    When I moved to a new small town I called City Hall to find out where the oil recycling station was. I was told there wasn't one until I said "Well, I guess I'll just have to pour it down the storm drain in front of my house." She shrieked, told me not to and shortly gave me the address of the oil recycling station three blocks from City Hall.

Of course I never would have poured oil into a storm drain but I thought it was funny how I had to threaten to to get her to disclose the location!

2013 CX-5 GT FWD w/Tech Package

Quote Originally Posted by CX-SV View Post
    Alacoyote - Thanks for report.

btw - Did you get a loaner car?
    I assume you're referring to the previous transmission issue and not the TPMS reset. They offered a loaner but we have a third vehicle available so I advised them that we wouldn't need a loaner unless the tranny issue dragged on. They resolved it in a couple of days so there was no need for a loaner.

Had my first service done at 7.3K miles last week, about $59 (synthetic oil as called for in owners manual) w/o tire rotation. Arrived at service department at 7:40AM, car was ready in 1 hour, washed too.

No warranty defects to report or have fixed.

2013 CX-5 6MT SPORT

Had mine done over the weekend, they consider NH harsh conditions so it following the 5K schedule (I call it a BS) but need to follow dealer recommendation to get 1st set of free tire replacement program they have.

Total was $56 for 0W20 full syn oil, filter, and a tire rotation. No car wash nor fluids filled up nor lubing of hinges nor adjusting the air pressure in the tires that activated the TMPS on the way home....

6th oil change is free too..... woo ray.... hope I can keep my cool with this dealer that long...

Quote Originally Posted by hollis View Post
    Had mine done over the weekend, they consider NH harsh conditions so it following the 5K schedule (I call it a BS) but need to follow dealer recommendation to get 1st set of free tire replacement program they have.

Total was $56 for 0W20 full syn oil, filter, and a tire rotation. No car wash nor fluids filled up nor lubing of hinges nor adjusting the air pressure in the tires that activated the TMPS on the way home....

6th oil change is free too..... woo ray.... hope I can keep my cool with this dealer that long...
    Good report, a different Mazda dealer would be nice except the hook on some free tire program I guess.

My dealer satisfaction was much higher with fluids and tire pressure checked, car washed, little wasted time, no surprises, a good SA that I will use exclusively.

Registered Member

White AWD GS w/Leather/Nav/Remote Start

The dealership i purchased mine at in Canada always pays for the first service (which i had done last week at around 9500km or approx 6000miles). They offered to pay for the second service as well. Score! But then i realized after talking with the service desk that the first 2 services are basic OLF, fluid checks, and basic inspection. Which means the third one i pay for i assume has more involved?! I'll find out on my second free service... or i guess i can check the manual.

If i had to guess they offer the first 2 free in hopes you keep coming back to them. If they treat me right i'm fine with that during the warranty period... otherwise i have my own mechanic i would prefer to use after warranty is up.

They have offered a free loaner every time as well. Mazda6 did nothing for me the first time around and the CX-7 on my first service felt wrong sucking premium gas :P I don't see an issue with them providing me a loaner on my second free service but come the third service im sure ill fall back to regular customer status and be finding my own transportation home!

Registered Member

2013 CX-5 Touring, FWD, Tech Package, fog lights, Bose, Moonroof

I called my dealer and the 7500 mile service is 60 dollars total. They use Mazda 0w20 synthetic and perform a rotation.
    Not bad.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 2.2d SEL

7500 mile service? My CX-5 diesel handbook says every 12000 miles even for the first one. Sounds like you're being ripped off big time.

Registered Member

2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport MT

CX-5 2.0 gasser has change intervals of 5000 miles or 7500 miles depending on driving conditions. Does your diesel handbook show any other service intervals?
    Fuelly

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 2.2d SEL

Only that the service intervals are 12000 miles or 12 months whichever is the sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnstaple boy View Post
    Only that the service intervals are 12000 miles or 12 months whichever is the sooner.
    What does the owners manual show for oil change intervals in UK for the 2.0L gasser?

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 2.2d SEL

I can't answer that one. Actually there aren't that many non diesels around in the UK, or Europe come to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnstaple boy View Post
    I can't answer that one. Actually there aren't that many non diesels around in the UK, or Europe come to that.
    Not listed in owners manual I assume.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast