Are my tires to big?

Trellos

:
Mazda 2 Touring M/T
capital_wheels
I've got these wheels on my 02 protege 5. I recently bought the car in February, I've noticed since then that the strut is really close to the top of the tire. I didn't think too much on it until I had to replace a rear tire. I started driving down the road and realized the tire is rubbing the strut. Is it because of tires aren't the right size or something else. I'll try to get pictures if it'll help.

you should get some 205/50/17 tires cause its the cool thing to do

but it could be the offset of your rims

Sorry guys thought I put the size. 205/55/16. Looking at door panel says stock size was 195/50/16.

ok so your running this tire size 205/55/16 on the stock p5 wheel.. i want to say they are to big if thats the case. Sounds like they are hittin gthe bottom spring seat on the strut.

If you have enough room between the fender and the tire, I suggest wheel spacers to get the tire away from the strut. If wheel spacers would work for you, let me know, I got some :) (see the link in my signature)

If you have to ask, then probably yes. I would never run anything but a 205/40 on a 17" wheel, but that's just personal preference. Keep the sidewalls to the minimum.

I ran 205/55r16 on stock wheels with no problem. only rubbed the fender liner when loaded down or going over big bumps (lowered on pro-kit) the tire was close the the spring seat but not hitting it.

Back