2009 Mazda CX-9 door lock programming

donnyiris

:
2009 CX-9 GT
I have been reading this forum for a few days now. I am confused. I bought a used 2009 CX-9 GT and it has the advanced key system. I want to enable the feature where when you walk away from the car it will lock all the doors. How do you do this? Its not very clear from what I've been reading.

Also I've seen conflicting information on this. Is it possible to have the doors auto lock when you move the sifter from park or go over a certain speed in a 2008 CX-9?

Thank you everyone.

Don

OK. I have a 2008 GT AWD. I have the definitive answers.
1. lock all doors and walk away: yes. With SmartKey, you can have it activated. It has to be done by dealer. Since you are buying a used car, unless you buy it from the dealer, they will charge you for that. 1/2 hr labor is reasonable. This service is usually free when you buy it new.
2. lock all doors while driving away: gear-activated or speed-activate. No. Not on 2008. Only available on later model (look up a thread I started with instructions - you can DIY - no dealership involved).

This is a pretty cool set up. I have mine done at the dealer with no charge at all. 2 steps as you walk away, the alarm system will beep once as a warning and the doors will auto lock after as you continue, about 4 steps away .. But this has to be done by the dealer.

This is a pretty cool set up. I have mine done at the dealer with no charge at all. 2 steps as you walk away, the alarm system will beep once as a warning and the doors will auto lock after as you continue, about 4 steps away .. But this has to be done by the dealer.

Do you park your car in your home garage? I've been debating whether to get this done. My only worry is that it'll constantly lock the doors after we park the car in our closed garage and walk in the house. The hassle would be that we would always have to unlock it, even if just wanting to get something in the car.

Do you park your car in your home garage? I've been debating whether to get this done. My only worry is that it'll constantly lock the doors after we park the car in our closed garage and walk in the house. The hassle would be that we would always have to unlock it, even if just wanting to get something in the car.

Its more of a convenience for me than a hassle. Plus when I park inside my garage and if I don't want this engage, I deactivate it by simply opening the door again as soon as I hear the single beep when I step out of my car.. As soon as you step out of your car, you will immediately hear this single beep letting you know that the key has left the car with me so when I close the door, I'll open the same door or any door to disenage it.

I'm with you--I'd rather not have this set up. Plus, I'd be constantly checking to make sure it auto locked anyway--I'm paranoid.

Once it beeps to confirm, the auto lock never fails to lock. Why worry?
At the garage, what I do is simple, you walk away for 1 step then close the door.
By the time the door is closed, you are away from the sensor. The auto lock will not kick in. Never fail to work for me.
At the gas station, leave the door ajar.

At the garage, what I do is simple, you walk away for 1 step then close the door.
By the time the door is closed, you are away from the sensor. The auto lock will not kick in. Never fail to work for me.

Right Ceric. This feature never fails. Plus you won't miss it since it beeps and the signal lights flashes at the same time the auto lock has been activated.

LOL. I'm like tex. The answer is because we're paranoid. I often press the black button on the handle to lock the doors. Then as I walk away, even if I heard the beep and the door locks engage, I still end up pressing the lock button on my fob...and many times pressing the lock button again to hear the horn beep (boom07). Weird, I know.

The auto lock would be more for my wife, who is the total opposite of me, and the daily driver of the 9. She would be more likely to NOT think twice about checking whether she did lock the doors or not.

I may just give it a try and see how it goes. Would be nice if we could turn it off and on ourselves though, rather than have to go to the dealer to get it done.

A game changer if we can program this by ourselves.. After all its user preference. Some people loves it and some people find it the other way around.

I have a new 2014 MAZDA3, which represents the trend of new Mazda's info system.
With the new system, you can reprogram many features thru UI. Auto lock is one of many.

I have a new 2014 MAZDA3, which represents the trend of new Mazda's info system.
With the new system, you can reprogram many features thru UI. Auto lock is one of many.

Which is how is should be, rather than have to pay a technician to do something that's pretty simple.

Which is how is should be, rather than have to pay a technician to do something that's pretty simple.

It should be. And it should be included in the manual. But there are so many features that it's not even mentioned in it until you drive your vehicle. Some of them are the auto lock and the alarm that beeps 3 times and let you know that you are approaching a traffic light with a camera.

Dang, that would be so nice and convenient.

I did get the auto lock turned on today at the dealer. I think I really like it...but I do have to get used to it. The beep and door locking sounds are a bit soft if you're somewhere noisy. I went to a few stores after I picked up the car. It does work perfectly. But because it was noisy in the parking lot, I did go back to the car, after walking 20 ft away, to check if it was actually locked. LOL.

Once you close the door, the beep sounds. And as long as you don't take a step or two away from the car, you have 30 seconds before it auto locks. Staying close to the car, I walked along the entire sides and back of the car within that 30 seconds, and it didn't auto lock. Once I walked a step or two away, then it auto locked. It'll come in very hand especially if I'm somewhere and I have to carry a bunch of things out from the car. No need to fumble with pressing the door button or grabbing at my keys in my pocket.

Back