Nav Disc Upgrade - GP9A 66 DZ0 I???

lsgko

Is there a new upgrade out for the DVD based navigation systems with 2011 maps (e.g., ver. 2011)? I think the part number should be GP9A 66 DZ0 I . Does anyone know when or what time of year the new Nav Discs get released?

Thanks in Advance.

OK, so according to mazdanavigation.com, the latest version for 2008 and earlier CX-9's (Mazda - North America Map DVD Version 2011/GP9A 66 DZ0 H) is out of stock, and can't be ordered (i.e. it seems like they are not getting it back in stock). I also can't find that part on eBay or any of the other online OEM part stores. Any idea where else to actually get an update? Or is maybe a newer update on its way (doubtful)?

Last edited:
The newest map for 2008 (and earlier model) is as old as 2009ver1. That is 3 yr old!
It is about time they introduce a new version of map (not related to software version).
Personally, I update NAVI disc every 3-4 years.
This will become obsolete since Mazda is moving to TomTom system (with CX5 being the first).
1) update map thru TomTom system
2) install it yourself like an accessory

So there is not going to be any more 2008 map updates? What's the point of a navigation system if they aren't going to keep it up to date? It's not like you can go out and buy any disk to update it. I was driving this weekend in dead space because they had put a bypass in and rerouted the road.

I sent mazda navigation this email. I encourage other 2008 users to do the same. In my opinion it's almost fraud to sell a system for $2500 then not supply you any way of keeping the system up to date for the life of the vehicle, 8-10 year time frame IMO.

I would like to know when an updated DVD will be available for the 2008 Mazda CX-9. A navigation system isn't much use if it can't be kept up to date. The car isn't even 4 years old, so I would expect that we would continue to have updates available for the life of the vehicle to make the investment in the navigation system worthwhile.

Last edited:
Well, when I punch 2008 CX-9 into Mazdanavigation.com, I get the current Map listed as Mazda - North America Map DVD Version 2011 ("2010" copyright date), Model: CX-9, Year: 2008. Based on a bit of digging for a part number, that is GP9A 66 DZ0 H (H being the revision). For newer models, the list the 2012 (2011 Copyright date), which would be the "I" revision, and its in stock, but apparently this won't work in a 2008 Nav system. And for the H, instead of a buy button all I get is this message:

Sorry for the inconvenience, this item is currently out of stock. Please contact us by clicking here for more information or call Mazda Customer Service at 1-800-222-5500. For details on the availability date, please refer to the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) section under "Customer Support". Looking at the FAQ's under "Customer Support" provides no additional information.

The clicking here link has not provided any response yet either.

Seems like the only way to "acquire" this DVD is one of the millions of download links to torrents when searching on Google. Not something I particularly want to do.

Frustrating to say the least.

This is the reply I got from Mazda. Looks like they should have an update mid nxt month

Thank you for contacting Mazda.

In regards to your inquiry on the updated DVD for the 2008 MAZDA CX-9 there is currently a shortage or disks right now, the updated disks should become available Monday, 8/18. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Any update on this for the 2008 CX9 Nav system?
Mazdanavigation.com seems to be still listing the North America Map DVD Version 2011 ("2010" copyright date)

Wondering if a new version will show up anytime soon?

The current DVD navigation data is 3 years old. (Copyright 2010)

No signs of version I. (GP9A 66 DZ0 I)
www.Mazdanavigation.com is still selling the H version. (GP9A 66 DZ0 H)

I thought we would of seen a update by now.
Hoping we will see some future updates for the 2008 CX9.

This is one area where they actually improved on... with the new Navi, updates are done via an SD card reader in the vehicle. You just download the updates on your laptop, transfer them to the SD card, then transfer them to the NAVI. I hated waiting for DVD updates every 2-3 years then paying big $$$ for them.

Just an FYI.

Back