MP3 Tranny Problem

tweakingmsp

:
2003.5 MazdaSPEED Protege
My fiancees cousin bought a turbo MP3 a few weeks ago. Whoever built this thing knew what they were doing!!! The other day it got stuck in third gear and it will now come out. Does anybody have any idea what caused this? The MP3 is SICK!!!

I'm guessing from all the parts this car has on it, the previous owner is/was on the forums here. It came from south of Pittsburgh, PA. It's yellow, and has almost every aftermarket part on it. If I'm right it has a MAM turbo mani, gt28 turbo, corksport downpipe and full exhaust, complete built engine and tranny, haltech computer and the list goes on. IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!! (other than the tranny problem)

Sound like a broken shift fork. The Mp3 was actually known for this issue. When you get a replacement trans or shift fork make sure you get one from a 2003. I think they changed the design at some point, someone else will chime in with specifics.

Thanks guys.

The car has a carbon fiber hood painted yellow on the sides. It's lowered, I don't know what suspension is on it though. The guy has a magazine that it was in.

when im in high boost in any gear, usually 4th and 5th it feeels like im lossing boost. like it cuts out.

Back