rear shocks

davis81

:
mazda,speed3
anyone have the seals blow out on there real shocks! 40k miles on my 09 speed. what was your alternative

Most all do specially if you have bad roads . Koni FSD, Koni Yellow Sport, Blistien all have good shocks for your car.

had my rears blow on me this spring, 54k on the stockers, i replaced with Koni yellows, easy do it yourself type work and awesome results nice upgrade, you also have the option down the road to put lowering springs on with the yellows if you want. my understanding is the koni fsd's only work with stock ride height.

My rear left blown around 60000km, rear right blown around 75000km
Replaced the whole 4 with Koni Yellow Sports and called it a day.

I'm pretty sure my rear shocks are shot, but I don't want to take them out to find out. I don't have the money to replace them right now. So, what I can't see...won't harm me....Yet!

I'm pretty sure my rear shocks are shot, but I don't want to take them out to find out. I don't have the money to replace them right now. So, what I can't see...won't harm me....Yet!

go under and feel if they have oil on them.. blown shocks tend to leak. and chances are if youthink they are blown....they are.

One of mine went at 12k on my 2008 (it was quite obviously leaking), the dealer replaced both rear shocks under warranty.

+1 Benior.
Dealer replaced rear shocks at 12K because of sweating (their terminology). They showed signs of sweating again at 26K and ordered/installed Koni FSDs. The ride quality is sweet and feel that the car should have come with a quality set of dampers like the Konis from the factory.

Back