FS: Bolt On Ogura SUPERCHARGER for Mazda Protege (FSDE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

05Lynx_RST

:
2005 Ford Lynx RS-T
Parting out: Bolt On OGURA SUPERCHARGER for Mazda Protege (FSDE)

Price: $2,000 shipped anywhere in the US.

The SC Kit is currently mounted on my Ford Lynx RS (Philippines), same chasis as the Mazda Protege (FSDE). I am parting it out and starting a new project.

***It's the only Supercharged Lynx RS here in the philippines. Just thought someone might want this kit. Its RARE. Ford isn't very popular here...they are a HUGE fan of honda's. Parts for fords are very hard to find. I even have to source my parts from the US.

I am willing to send this kit to anyone interested, preferably in the US. My cousin is here visiting and returning back to New York, first week of May. Any interested buyer please let me know asap so I can part it out. Its currently mounted on my car***

Supercharger kit includes:

1. Supercharger body, designed by Ogura Japan
2. Supercharger mounting bracket
3. Enlarged Intake piping
4. Fuel lines
5. Fuel Rail
6. Fuel Rail mounting bracket

My setup is completely stock and matched with the Emanage Ultimate.

It's a low boost supercharger, 7lbs. The belt used is 4pk1510 (I even buy the belt in the US). That's all the maintenance I have to do. Change the belt probably once every 8-12 months. I had a turbo before, hence my username, "RST". For speed definitely turbo. For a little pep and reliability i'd go with an SC, it's got a good kick whenever you need / want it :) Hope someone in the North America takes this, would be a RARE piece to have :)

For payment method, I accept Paypal so both parties are covered.

The kit was talked about on TOProtege.CA a few years ago and on here too.
http://www.toprotege.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34507

20120407_173445.jpg

20120407_173306.jpg

20120407_173337.jpg

How it looks under the hood. Excuse the dirt
IMG_0344.jpg

For anyone curious what it looks like:
Ford Lynx RS
20120212_133043.jpg

20120407_173713.jpg

Last edited:
The SC Kit is currently mounted on my Ford Lynx RS (Philippines), same chasis as the Mazda Protege (FSDE). I am parting it out and starting a new project.

***It's the only Supercharged Lynx RS here in the philippines.
Why does your location read: "New York, NY"?

Yes, your location should read where you (and the item you are selling) are.

Yes, your location should read where you (and the item you are selling) are.

I fly back and fourth Philippines and US (Cali, SF, NY).

Per your request... I noted Philippines on my Location. Hope this is acceptable.

Let me know if there's anything else I need to change.

Thanks

That is ok - so long as potential buyers understand the kit will be shipping from the Philippines.

Dang wish i had saved my tax return lol r you parting out the front end if so im interested

Not planning to part out the front end sir. Even if i did, that would be risky since it's all CF...might not make it to you in one piece since it's Int'l Shipping. hehe

eevrything that comes with it makes it direct bolt on? any diff wiring needed to be done? lower left side box is for ? lower right side cover intake/filer? or what.

SC kit was bought from Taiwan, made by Ogura Japan. In Taiwan, there are 3 lines of Ford Tierra RS you can choose from. It's between a stock, a supercharged or a turbocharged engine. So this is the version you see on the article where it's a bolt on supercharger for the FSDE engine.

It's a complete bolt on, replacing the intake manifold, using a longer alternator belt (4pk1510) all the extra bearings provided. upgraded Fuel rail is also included in the package.

Those covers you see are to protect my air filter and belts from getting wet from the rain. If you can see from the pic, the custom made CF hood have OPEN vents. It's scorching hot out here so figure open vents will help cool the engine :) Living in a tropical country, its sunny one min and heavy downpour the next. If you look closely at the stainless steel cover, there are water marks dripping down. that's the only reason why I have those covers. Otherwise everything else is like a mazda protege (non turbo) engine bay.

My front clip (hood, grill and bumper) was custom made here in the Philippines.

Last edited:
My front clip (hood, grill and bumper) was custom made here in the Philippines.

that's one sweet body kit on you lynx! my wife's been trying to convince me to move back home when we retire, and i'd love to have something that nice to tool around in if we ever do...would you mind pm'ing me the contact info of the place that fabricated your clip? we may be there next year and i'd like to stop by and check them out. thanks 'tol!

that's one sweet body kit on you lynx! my wife's been trying to convince me to move back home when we retire, and i'd love to have something that nice to tool around in if we ever do...would you mind pm'ing me the contact info of the place that fabricated your clip? we may be there next year and i'd like to stop by and check them out. thanks 'tol!

There's a bunch here that customizes anything and everything you can think of. It's a country of almost "free labor." You get caught up doing a lot of customized work because labor is cheap but materials and parts are super expensive. To answer you question, the one that fabricated my clip closed his shop down to take on a different business venture. Sucks for me, he didn't get to finish the fenders. The materials he used for the CF is very different from the other shops so I couldn't finish it. This is also the reason why my clip is unique, the one and only :) but there are a lot of other shops that makes CF anything :) To name a few, Zworks, Stage 21 are popular places. Go on Sulit.com.ph and type it on the search tab. You'll see their ad / work on some other cars. you'd be surprised. When I go back there, I'll miss the "cheap" labor hehe

Last edited:
Update: For the few that PM'ed me with the interest on the SC Kit, I underestimated the weight of the SC kit and the related cost of shipping and customs I would incur to ship it to the US even with my cousin bringing it with him. It's a pretty heavy piece. I've PM'ed back the one's who have asked about the kit.

My apology in advance but I have to up the price to $2000 shipped. *still less than half the cost of the original kit shipped.

Hoping for your kind consideration on the matter.

Thanks

did any of the 1.6 come with superchargers also?

I'm not sure they did but if i had to guess, I'd say they don't because the performance parts readily available in the market are for the RS variant which is the 2.0L version. They sell bolt on turbo and supercharger kits for it. With 1.6, even here...it had to be custom made.

OGURA SUPERCHARGER SOLD to a member here :)

I don't think the member wanted me to disclose his userID since he never posted on this thread, but PM'ed me directly. hehe

***pls lock / close this thread***

Thanks Mazdas247 community!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back