Has anyone got this problem with i-stop?

Hi Larry,

Was looking into all the details of i-stop today. A complex technology it seems. I'm almost going to have to remember the list of complexities that make it decide to work or avoid working. Nevetheless, it was a blessing in stop-start traffic.

Just got delivery of my black GT yesterday, and ended up doing Sydney to Port Kembla (and a lot of Sydney traffic) to figure it all out.
The key is to make sure you press the i-stop button and have no amber light on your dash. One the engine is warm, and you end up going it takes a while (engine warm) for it

The complete list is in the manual, but for the benefit of US readers, I'll post it (it's not included in US vehicles yet).
http://www.flickr.com/photos/glennstewart/6885719058/in/set-72157629532767321
http://www.flickr.com/photos/glennstewart/7031816467/in/set-72157629532767321

My first mistake that caused i-stop not to work, was not closing the tailgate. i-stop doesn't work if you have a door open.
There are many other reasons on the list, but in normal driving (particularly in urban stop-start), it works tremendously well.

Yes there are quit a few conditions that influence i-stop working or not.

when the car has warmed up,if you have windscreen full demist on or full cold aircon, it doesn't come on, but then changing to windscreen and feet will activate it, if not turning off the fan or low to one or two bars usually triggers it. If the battery is getting drained by too many electricals that will also determine if it operates or not. Also it won't come on during a DPF regen even with everything else turned off.

So warm engine, no electricals on and stationary but no i-stop = regen in progress!

Hi all! just got my new zeal red cx-5 last monday, absolutely love it!
Here is just one thing i'm not really sure about my istop function, when I picked up my car last monday, master warning light was on and istop was flashing yellow, dealer explained as the battery was not fully charged at that time. I drove around 30kms on monday night and the master warning light turned off and istop light became constantly green. but on Wednesday afternoon, when I started my car, the master warning was back on again and istop was flashing yellow. Has anyone came across this situation before? Is this normal? Thanks

Hi bro,i have done this i-stop problems of cx5 2.5L 2009.the matter is only about the battery.because the cx5 is semi hybrid car.so they must use the eco battery to.i use hitachi issq.85. This batt have an intelegent stuff inside the batt.so it can make the batt quick to full of charge, and can hold the voltage upper than 12.6v (in the off condition engine). Because the voltage limit of batt in cx5 is 12.5v in the off condition engine,if less than 12.5, the altenator will rise up the voltage until 14.5v.that can make your altenator burn.so if your i-stop blink in yellow colour and your main warning light is up, you must go to the battery shop to check your batt.
Thanks..Henry

Mazda i-stop not working?? try This

Hi everyone,

I have Mazda CX 5 over two years.
Then suddenly, master warning light went on, then can't see any i-stop green light anymore.
I read a few Forums, many people point out to battery issue.

Then I realize that we SUPPOSE to check the water level for Mazda battery, as it's not maintenance free.
And I found the water level is below average. So I just top up the water in the battery.

I-stop is back alive. So try this if you i-stop suddenly die for no reason.
I don't think you even need someone to check out the battery for you, and just charge you by topping up the water for you.
Top up water in the battery. I am sure everyone can do it.
If you top it up, i-stop still can't work.
Then I guess it is more likely it's your battery problem.
But give it a go, see if it works for you.

Back