Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone got this problem with i-stop?

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Diesel

Also if the steering wheel is not straight at stop istop will not engage.

Registered Member

2012 cx5 GT/D

well 1000kms old and i have a battery light followed by a flashing amber istop light.... yay

Registered Member

Mazda Cx-5

Mazda cx-5 Battery Problems

I just got my cx-5 last Tuesday ( 1 week ago today) and have had a few problems already. First day we took it out for a drive the tire pressure light came on on the highway, so we stopped and waited a bit and checked the pressure and 1 of them had 0.3 more then the specs, I fixed it and moved on. The second day we took another drive and the Start-stop didn't work.I assumed it has a battery problem seeing how the battery must keep the systems going so i just kept driving. 3rd day we didn't drive it. 4th day the car would not start...the battery had died... so we call Mazda road assist and a person shows up in 20 minutes with a portable battery and connects it, and the car starts and works without any problems.We drove about 400 km that night.... 5th day no problems, 6th day the car was saying " battery system inspection required" so we decided to take it in today for a check.... this morning the car would not start ...again... i called Mazda and they sent another guy with another portable battery and the car started up fine... i took it to the garage and have to wait till Thursday for the result.. sorry for the long post but I'm pretty upset about all this. I wanted to mention that i took care to make sure all the systems were off, all the doors closed all the lil lights were off and so on...its was kept in a garage box locked.... i don't understand why the battery keeps dieing.

Anyone else had similar problems ?
    Last edited by Alintenshi; 06-26-2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: pissed off

Registered Member

Mazda Cx-5

It seem that problem has been fixed.... it was 1/1000 chance of a bad battery witch shorted out. The battery has been removed and the car seems to be working fine.Only drove about 10 km today but the i-start works ok.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 2.2 Manual AWD Sport Nav

Hi pauly69,
    I've had no problems with car pulling right. It may sound basic but have you checked your tyre pressures, mine were all different when i checked after the first week after collecting from the dealer! The reversing camera appears to be accurate any problems I believe to be due to myself just getting used to it. I'll check the direction of my wheels next time I reverse.
    Going back to the istop problem, my car has cut out one more time since. And after a motorway trip last week, after I came off the slip road onto a roundabout with traffic lights, the engine suddenly went racing of it's own accord, it sounded as if it was not firing on all cylinders, it made no difference when I depressed the clutch. I just had to wait a for the engine to settle ( held up traffic) and once it went back to normal I was ok without further incident.
    Today while driving engine warning light (Engine inspection required )has come on perminanently and is booked in with RRG forMonday. Something's not right, which is disappointing because I am pleased with car except for these minor issues.

Registered Member

2013 Mazda CX-5 GT

Enough of the i-stop chatter... us here in the colonies are getting a bit jealous!!!
    2013 X5d (Hers) | 2013 CX-5 GT (Mine)

Registered Member

CX-5 Sport 2.2D 175PS AWD NAV Auto, Crystal White

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy Blue View Post
    Hi pauly69,
    I've had no problems with car pulling right. It may sound basic but have you checked your tyre pressures, mine were all different when i checked after the first week after collecting from the dealer! The reversing camera appears to be accurate any problems I believe to be due to myself just getting used to it. I'll check the direction of my wheels next time I reverse.
    Going back to the istop problem, my car has cut out one more time since. And after a motorway trip last week, after I came off the slip road onto a roundabout with traffic lights, the engine suddenly went racing of it's own accord, it sounded as if it was not firing on all cylinders, it made no difference when I depressed the clutch. I just had to wait a for the engine to settle ( held up traffic) and once it went back to normal I was ok without further incident.
    Today while driving engine warning light (Engine inspection required )has come on perminanently and is booked in with RRG forMonday. Something's not right, which is disappointing because I am pleased with car except for these minor issues.
    Thanks for the update. I have a separate thread in the tires section about my problem - long story short the dealer fixed it after unnecessarily mucking about with tracking and finally being advised by Mazda Japan how to reset the steering angle sensor (which feeds power steering, camera, reverse camera, istop etc). Now the car steers just fine.
    Good luck with the dealer, if RRG are like my dealer they are very much still learning as they go when it comes to the CX5. Took several visits to dealer before they resolved it.

Registered Member

2012 Mazda CX-5 AWD Diesel

I've had my CX-5 for 2 months and done 6500kms. I-stop was fine for about the first 3 weeks but now won't activate. It coincidentally stopped working at the same time I first pressed the switch to turn it off (when I was idly waiting for my wife one day!). My dealer has no idea but will check it out when it goes in for it's 10,000km service. Just updated the navigation today so that now it uses kilometres rather than miles. Other than that it has been running fine. Will be towing my race car on trailer with it on Sunday which will be the first time I have towed with it so looking forward to seeing how well it tows.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 2.2 Manual AWD Sport Nav

Up date on my CX5. Cutting a long story of disappointment short. It has been with the dealer since the 16th July, Mazda Japan are involved. The error logs have been interrogated, the EMU has been updated (this hasn't fixed it). The regional expert has been to the dealership to take a look. The latest is that another CX-5 of the same specification is to be delivered on Monday 30th to use to bench mark my car against and to swap parts over...not great. The concern seems to be the engine racing and not being able to do anything to stop it, although the problem cannot be replicated, it must have shown up along with all the istop problems in the error logs. I'll keep everyone posted. It has took the shine of the new car experience that is for sure.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 maxx

Hi all sorry for hijacking the thread haha but I have Just recently purchased a brand new CX5 and was just wondering when I picked the car up the Istop icon on the dash was not illuminated until I pushes the button but now the amber light is constantly illuminated and when I hit the button it turns green, I'm just wondering if when I turn it off should the Istop icon be constantly illuminated amber as it never was when I brought the car?

Registered Member

CX5 2.2 diesel / Mazda mps

Quote Originally Posted by Dan13l View Post
    Hi all sorry for hijacking the thread haha but I have Just recently purchased a brand new CX5 and was just wondering when I picked the car up the Istop icon on the dash was not illuminated until I pushes the button but now the amber light is constantly illuminated and when I hit the button it turns green, I'm just wondering if when I turn it off should the Istop icon be constantly illuminated amber as it never was when I brought the car?
    When I turn my istop off, it is shown as amber. If I press again (so as to turn it back on), the lettering is 'invisible' i.e. cannot be seen. It is not green. On restarting the car, the istop word is again invisible i.e. it is 'on'.
    Last edited by prhac; 08-24-2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Went to check

Mazda CX-5 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Dan13l View Post
    Hi Dan13l... I found that initially (I have had my car 3 days now) the i-stop wording was either amber, or if I turned it off the writing disappeared all together. At this point the i-stop did not work at all.

When I managed to clock up 300 km on the dot, suddenly the i-stop activated and started working, the i-stop word is now always green when on and if I turn it off the writing goes amber.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Maxx Sport AWD

Cool Yes - I too have a new CX5 and can't speak highly enough of it - fantastic car...

Quote Originally Posted by Larry0103 View Post
    Hi all! just got my new zeal red cx-5 last monday, absolutely love it!
    Here is just one thing i'm not really sure about my istop function, when I picked up my car last monday, master warning light was on and istop was flashing yellow, dealer explained as the battery was not fully charged at that time. I drove around 30kms on monday night and the master warning light turned off and istop light became constantly green. but on Wednesday afternoon, when I started my car, the master warning was back on again and istop was flashing yellow. Has anyone came across this situation before? Is this normal? Thanks
    My iStop just stoped working by itself as well.... the dealer delivery told us it's something that is always turned off unless turned off for that journey only.... will let you know if I come across something

Registered Member

2012 CX5 Grand Touring

My i Stop didn't work until the Car clocked up about 250 km's or so.

Now works well.

Registered Member

2012 CX5 Grand Touring

The i Stop stopped working most of today and then started working later on!! The Batt Amps must have dropped earlier on?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast