What did you pay for your CX-5?

Well...pulled the trigger but bought used. Never bought a car before...hoping i didn't get taken! I got a 2015 CX5 GT AWD with the Bose/sunroof. 15.5k miles. For $21.5k (before ttl). Really nice condition and it was "certified pre-owned" at a mazda dealership. Was this a decent deal? Dont think there was any other bells and whistles.

Also...how do a verify it's Mazda CPO vs just the dealer telling me the warranty? Being only 2015...is the factory warranty just better?

Thanks for the quick reply! One dealer: $31925 MSRP $29995 "best price"

Yea, no way would I pay that. I was offered that price OTD almost 2 years ago even. So, they want $27995 with the $2k CC? I'd make them come down to under $27k for sure, and would start my negotiations around $26k. They will probably laugh at you, but look at them and tell them you know they can do it (I am an example). I'm probably a little too far for you to come, but I know 2 dealers that would sell it to you for under $27k selling price for sure...Those same dealers can be made to sell a 2017 at 10% off at least too, but can't get anyone to listen...lol Let me know how it goes and what else maybe I can do...

Good luck! Hope you get the price you're looking for and enjoy your new wife when you do...

Well...pulled the trigger but bought used. Never bought a car before...hoping i didn't get taken! I got a 2015 CX5 GT AWD with the Bose/sunroof. 15.5k miles. For $21.5k (before ttl). Really nice condition and it was "certified pre-owned" at a mazda dealership. Was this a decent deal? Dont think there was any other bells and whistles.

Also...how do a verify it's Mazda CPO vs just the dealer telling me the warranty? Being only 2015...is the factory warranty just better?

I don't think it's a bad deal at all. Someone else will chime in on the warranty as I've never bought a CPO before. Enjoy your new ride...

Yea, no way would I pay that. I was offered that price OTD almost 2 years ago even. So, they want $27995 with the $2k CC? I'd make them come down to under $27k for sure, and would start my negotiations around $26k. They will probably laugh at you, but look at them and tell them you know they can do it (I am an example). I'm probably a little too far for you to come, but I know 2 dealers that would sell it to you for under $27k selling price for sure...Those same dealers can be made to sell a 2017 at 10% off at least too, but can't get anyone to listen...lol Let me know how it goes and what else maybe I can do...

Good luck! Hope you get the price you're looking for and enjoy your new wife when you do...

What would you recommend as a counter? The closest place is where I'd like to do the business, but I was hoping for a lower offer from a competitor. I really wanted to use that as leverage

Hey guys and gals,

Just got two offers for about $29,850 OTD on a 17 Touring w/ Iactivesense package (Includes 1k in rebates)
MSRP is $28,980 and invoice is $28,117.

Can I do better?

Last edited:
Hey guys and gals,

Just got two offers for about $29,850 OTD on a 17 Touring w/ Iactivesense package (Includes 1k in rebates)

Can I do better?
If you are in CA, I would said it a good price.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Hey guys and gals,

Can I do better?

Yes, you can do better. I had a quote for Touring FWD MSRP $27,100. I got $1,300 off on the CostCo deal with no negotiation.

Check how many 16's are in your area. As the 16's draw down and you get quotes towards the end of the month, you will be able to get at least that much off MSRP. I am waiting for $1,500 off MSRP and $500 off lease incentive. I was hoping that was this month, but I might have to wait until July.

Of Course, where you are at will matter too.

Yes, you can do better. I had a quote for Touring FWD MSRP $27,100. I got $1,300 off on the CostCo deal with no negotiation.

Check how many 16's are in your area. As the 16's draw down and you get quotes towards the end of the month, you will be able to get at least that much off MSRP. I am waiting for $1,500 off MSRP and $500 off lease incentive. I was hoping that was this month, but I might have to wait until July.

The 16s dwindling down has zero to do with getting a good deal on a 17 now...you only want $1500 off MSRP? Twice that can be had now if you're buying. You won't get that on a lease, but you can get what you're asking for easily...

What would you recommend as a counter? The closest place is where I'd like to do the business, but I was hoping for a lower offer from a competitor. I really wanted to use that as leverage

Shop around, even several hundred miles a way. A quote is a quote, like you stated, for leverage. You should be able to secure a selling price of at least a $1k more than you're being quoted...

Can you provide the price before TTL, instead of the OTD price?

Hey,

I believe it's 27,517 before the 1k in rebates. All these numbers are beginning to make my head spin. I wish they would all just give me their price prior to any of my incentives.

If you are in CA, I would said it a good price.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

I'm actually in the NY tristate area. And the vehicle is AWD, forgot to add that.

I'm near NYC, I think I'm at almost $2100 off MSRP, but that's with $1,000 in incentives. I'm also with a Costco Auto Buying Club as well as a couple of others. My total MSRP for a 17 touring AWD with I-active is $28980 so that changes things a bit.

What your target price?

The 16s dwindling down has zero to do with getting a good deal on a 17 now...you only want $1500 off MSRP? Twice that can be had now if you're buying. You won't get that on a lease, but you can get what you're asking for easily...

Definitely false. 16 inventory directly affects 17 pricing.

Right now Mazda is giving a ton of incentives to 16s to clear inventory. They won't support 17s this way until all the 16s are cleared out. This is just common sense. 17 Money Factor is inflated while 16 MF is very low. Again, this is because they are trying to clear out inventory. I am looking to lease, but the same applies if you are looking to buy.

My goal is $2,000 off MSRP though either dealer discounts and or incentives.

If you really got $3k off MSRP that is a great deal, but it is definitely not going to be easy to get.

I'm actually in the NY tristate area. And the vehicle is AWD, forgot to add that.

I'm near NYC, I think I'm at almost $2100 off MSRP, but that's with $1,000 in incentives. I'm also with a Costco Auto Buying Club as well as a couple of others. My total MSRP for a 17 touring AWD with I-active is $28980 so that changes things a bit.

What your target price?

What were your incentives to make $1k? All that I know of is the $500 loyalty one.

I don't know the NY market, but I would at least wait towards the end of the month when dealers are usually more likely to make deals.

Definitely false. 16 inventory directly affects 17 pricing.

Right now Mazda is giving a ton of incentives to 16s to clear inventory. They won't support 17s this way until all the 16s are cleared out. This is just common sense. 17 Money Factor is inflated while 16 MF is very low. Again, this is because they are trying to clear out inventory. I am looking to lease, but the same applies if you are looking to buy.

My goal is $2,000 off MSRP though either dealer discounts and or incentives.

If you really got $3k off MSRP that is a great deal, but it is definitely not going to be easy to get.

It's not false at all, but whatever. I got these prices when the lot had 10+ 16s and 30+ 17s. Maybe it being "easy" was a bit exaggerated, but it is highly doable. Don't worry, you aren't the first or the last to say the price is not happening when I mentioned it a month ago, however, lookie lookie what is beginning to show up more and more...Good luck. I hope you get what you're looking for...

BTW, I even said "you won't get that on a lease" right now. Now that is common sense.

Last edited:
It's not false at all, but whatever. I got these prices when the lot had 10+ 16s and 30+ 17s. Maybe it being "easy" was a bit exaggerated, but it is highly doable. Don't worry, you aren't the first or the last to say the price is not happening when I mentioned it a month ago, however, lookie lookie what is beginning to show up more and more...Good luck. I hope you get what you're looking for...

BTW, I even said "you won't get that on a lease" right now. Now that is common sense.

You can get really great prices depending on how bad a dealer wants to hit their incentives at anytime of the year. It just depends. If reaching a bonus meant selling one more car and you were right there, you could even get 5K off. The point is that your price was probably an outlier and definitely not something that will be easy to get. If you weren't totally full of it you could at least tell us what dealer you used and we could verify it ourselves.

Towards the end of last month there were a couple people who got around $2,500 off MSRP. This is believable to me since they were in the right place at the right time and probably negotiated well. That price was not easy to get or customary. From what I've seen myself and from what others have said I think $1,300 off MSRP should be reasonably easy to get, but results will vary a lot. I am going to shoot for $2k off myself.

By the way, whether it is a lease or purchase it is the same thing.

You can get really great prices depending on how bad a dealer wants to hit their incentives at anytime of the year. It just depends. If reaching a bonus meant selling one more car and you were right there, you could even get 5K off. The point is that your price was probably an outlier and definitely not something that will be easy to get. If you weren't totally full of it you could at least tell us what dealer you used and we could verify it ourselves.

Towards the end of last month there were a couple people who got around $2,500 off MSRP. This is believable to me since they were in the right place at the right time and probably negotiated well. That price was not easy to get or customary. From what I've seen myself and from what others have said I think $1,300 off MSRP should be reasonably easy to get, but results will vary a lot. I am going to shoot for $2k off myself.

By the way, whether it is a lease or purchase it is the same thing.

I've shared my dealer with a few. 10% has been posted by more than me. $5k off. Lol, I got more than $6k off. Good luck to you...

What were your incentives to make $1k? All that I know of is the $500 loyalty one.

I don't know the NY market, but I would at least wait towards the end of the month when dealers are usually more likely to make deals.

$500 Loyalty
$500 Car Donation...this is regional I think. What state are you in?

There also the military incentive if you or anyone in household have served.

I am in SoCal.

I used CostCo just as a starting point to see where I should start my negotiations.

When did you get your price quote? Was it after 6/1 or before? Have you identified the largest dealers near you?

Back