15k Mile Service

Z-Thrizzle

:
Mazda CX-9, BMW MZ3 Roadster
The dealer says that I'm do for this service. I searched but didn't find any info here. I already had my oil changed along with the cabin filter. Looks like this 15 service is mainly inspecting things along with rotating the tires. I was planning to do a more involved service at 30k but was surprise to hear about this 15k.
Has anybody done this? If so what did they charge you?

Ask them what are the the so-called "15K service" and I bet you can do all
of them by yourself or do them item by item for much lower cost.
BTW, full-circle inspection is always free at Mazda. Find a coupon
for them. They can't wait to find problems for you.

P.S. in my understanding, 15K service is
oil and filter change
tire rotation
full circle inspection + reportcard
+ (maybe) cabin filter
They will charge you for more than $120 for those.

In my calculation:
$30+$20+free = $50
(+$10 for cabin filter, which I recommend)

That is what I did for my 15K.
Actually, Walmart has tire rotation for $10 if you trust your Walmart guys.

BTW, I did my 30K the same way. Actually, it is no different from the 15K I listed
above. They asked me, and I replied that I did all of them already item by item.
(plus differential fluid and transmission fluid, which are not included in their 30K)

Last edited:
Thanks I'll look out for one of those coupons. They quoted me $299 for the 15k inspection. The tire rotation which is included in that inspection is $50. All I need now is a tire rotation and I found a coupon for that at Pep Boys for free along with a brake inspections.

One other thing....when does out fuel filter need to be changed? I don't see it listed on our scheduled maintenance list.

Fuel filter of CX9 is INSIDE the fuel tank.
Let us pray that it won't fail. It is not a maintenance item.
Keep your fingers crossed.

Have you registered yourself as an owner on mymazda.com?
You get to access lots of coupons from your home page.

15k service is just an excuse for the dealer to sell you additional services. not worth spending the money IMO.

ceric ... The answers is NO ... anyone can get them rotated for free without any purchase, I have had mine done three times since I got 2010 and that is here in Tucson.

Discount is were I buy my tires from. Their service is above par. Their warranty is really great and it only cost you 25 dollars to reinstate the warranty when you have to use it, done that twice now with the wife's pilot. They have a EBAY store and will match the price they advertise there in their stores. Have not had a better experience then Discount in buying tires.

Go to www.mazdausa.com and just type in your zipcode and look for all dealers within 50 miles. That is where i get all of the coupons for service. There is a spring special where they do oil change, top off all fluids and tire rotation for 49.95 . Some dealers will charge less for this service. You just have to check each dealer listed. I usually service my 9 at garden city mazda. That may change though.

Back