Shop at EdgeAutosport.com to make your Mazda Go Fast AND Look Good!
Shop at EdgeAutosport.com to make your Mazda Go Fast AND Look Good!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: fs-ze what computer to use?

1999 Protege Sport 20

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAZDA-FAMILI...#ht_500wt_1084

There is an FS-ZE ECU on Ebay for $70 with free shipping... 3 days left on the auction...
    My Build Thread
    Sport 20 bumper/grille/fogs, JDM Familia badge, Cosmo Racing CAI, K&N Air Filter, OBX intake couplers, OBX radiator hoses, OBX 4-1 header, Optima Yellow Top battery, Tein Super Street Coilovers, Katzkin custom leather interior, Pedders LCA bushings, 1.8L ES front brakes, Royal Purple, NGK plugs, NGK wires, Silverstar Ultra lights, "JDM" style taillights, Miata 15x6 alloys with Toyo tires, Medieval F/R motor mounts, Mazdaspeed 1.3 bar radiator cap, MSP muffler, MSP side skirts, MSP spoiler, MSP rear sway bar, MSP steering wheel, MSP pedals, MSP short shifter, OEM rear subframe reinforcement, Black Suede shift boot, Billet shift knob, Gt Spec front strut bar, Gt Spec trailing arms, Gt Spec trunk cage, Stainless door sills, Stainless brake lines, Stainless clutch line, Perfection clutch kit, 25% Tint.

Registered Member

2001 mazda protege mp3

Thanks man. This is the company i bought the motor from. Now to locate i harness for this damn thing

2001 mazda protege mp3

You know the fsze is obd1 right? So you would have to do an obd1 conversion

Registered Member

2001 mazda protege mp3

Yea..i need the car to run the way its supposed to and be reliable. This is getting so time consuming and expensive. It would be cheaper to just out an fs-de back in it or do a kl swap compared to the money i have ahead of me in tuning and/or buying the fs-ze ecu and wiring in that harness if i can find it

Registered Member

2001 mazda protege mp3

I never asked for the fs-ze..i went on jdmenginedepot.com and saw "jdm fs-de" for 99-03 protege. $799. At the time i hadnt been able to find an fs-de for less than 1100$. So i emailed them and let em know i needed the coilpack motor cause the picture had plug wires and this is what showed up. Then i went on protegefaq to figure out what the hell it was and found out it has these fs9 cams. Kinda got lucky and fucked at the same time

Registered Member

2001 mazda protege mp3

Yea..i need the car to run the way its supposed to and be reliable. This is getting so time consuming and expensive. It would be cheaper to just out an fs-de back in it or do a kl swap compared to the money i have ahead of me in tuning and/or buying the fs-ze ecu and wiring in that harness if i can find it

1999 Protege Sport 20

I would just buy the Ecu and obd1 harness. The potential of the engine is around 170Hp FS-ZE with proper manifolds. But you can still make most of that power with the FS-DE intake and exhaust manifolds... If you throw on a header you are set. Just my .02 cents... Still 1 day left for Ebay auction for FS-ZE Ecu, the company might even have the harness.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2001 mazda protege mp3

i have contacted them. and i have the ze manifold it came on the motor..ebay 4-1 header
    im def gona buy the ecu. just havent heard back from them yet.

Registered Member

2001 mazda protege mp3

has anyone ever even used the split second air fuel controller on a non-boosted application?
    sounds like everyones bought it for an msp and just used the basemap on it.

2001 mazda protege mp3

A lot of people do but you'll have to tune it or have it tuned

Registered Member

2001 mazda protege mp3

lol why do you keep saying the obvious

Registered Member

2001 mazda protege mp3

the reason i am considering other avenues as far as engine management is because i really dont trust myself tuning unless im working off of a decent basemap. with this thing im pretty much starting from scratch. and ive spent countless hours on the phone and internet trying to find a shop thats willing to tune the car. I cant tell you how many shops have said, "no thanks, never heard of that ems or engine". thats whats scaring me

2001 mazda protege mp3

How am I saying the obvious? You asked a question I answered. protege garage may have a base map for an na fsde which won't be too far off from the fsze. Any competent shop that does tuning would be able to tune anything with whatever you give them to tune with

You could try searching in club protege.com they may have more information for you

Registered Member

2002 323 Protege

Get a proper EMS then?

Any shop that knows there stuff will be able to tune with any of the bigger ECUs. I believe ive posted this numerous times now maybe even this thread? But the split second air fuel is only half the story. You need to get a MP3 ecu and then use the split second (MAY work ok), or preferably get an EMS that you can tune. Doing so will net you about ~7-10hp accross the range and give you a good pick me up in the middle rpm range

EDIT: And dont even bother with the Splitsecond air/fuel + timing controller it only allows retarding.
    Last edited by Ice88; 03-26-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Registered Member

2001 mazda protege mp3

The car IS an mp3. I have the mp3 ecu and the split second air/fuel controller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123