fs-ze what computer to use?

Im just gonna buy the ss air fuel controller. Not the timing/fuel controller from them, and rely on the mp3 ecu's timing. Worst case ill buy cam gears later

You also lose the 7000 or 7200 rpm rev limit by no run inf the stock ecu or an aftermarket ecu. If yor strapped for cash there was a guy selling an f10x in trademark for 500?

i wanna know whats so bad about the mpi tuner. why does one think its not very user friendly, cause from what ive seen so far im not impressed with the ss afc.
now keep in mind im familiar with hondata products and have crossed over from tuning k20a2 motors with hondata kpro which im thoroughly impressed with.
but im pissed at the fact this piggyback is going to erase the mp3 ecu? am i understanding this correctly? i dont even wanna hook it up and fiddle with it because of this warning on the back of the instructions that says "
once you write data to the ecu, all data in the ecu will be erased. this cannot be reversed"
am i understanding this correctly? say i do find an fs-ze ecu one day or decide this doesnt suit my needs and i want to sell the mp3 ecu and go standalone your telling me the ecu will be junk at that point? **** that. the mp3 ecu has a pretty damn good tune on it for running the fs-ze. gas mileage is impeccable and it doesnt run dangerously lean til about 6700 rpm. and the car runs damn good.

i wanna know whats so bad about the mpi tuner. why does one think its not very user friendly, cause from what ive seen so far im not impressed with the ss afc.
now keep in mind im familiar with hondata products and have crossed over from tuning k20a2 motors with hondata kpro which im thoroughly impressed with.
but im pissed at the fact this piggyback is going to erase the mp3 ecu? am i understanding this correctly? i dont even wanna hook it up and fiddle with it because of this warning on the back of the instructions that says "
once you write data to the ecu, all data in the ecu will be erased. this cannot be reversed"
am i understanding this correctly? say i do find an fs-ze ecu one day or decide this doesnt suit my needs and i want to sell the mp3 ecu and go standalone your telling me the ecu will be junk at that point? **** that. the mp3 ecu has a pretty damn good tune on it for running the fs-ze. gas mileage is impeccable and it doesnt run dangerously lean til about 6700 rpm. and the car runs damn good.

If you are talking about the SSAFC, when they say you will overwrite the data on the ECU the mean the tune on the SSAFC. The warning is because there is no undo once you load a new tune to the SSAFC. You must pull the old tune off of the SSAFC, then open a new customer file if you want to keep the tune that was programmed to the SSAFC. The SSAFC WILL NOT EVER overwrite the factory ECU. They should have worded their warning better...

Having said that, i have a question. I was told from protegegarage the ssafc has a base map on it, which im not seeing but thats probly because i havent powered it up yet. Just from hooking it to the laptop its not wired into the car yet. I wanna know whats gonna happen when i wire it into the car, am i obligated to start tuning? Or will it not alter anything until i actually write data to it. Ive never used this kind of software and i dont wanna hook it up and the car becomes undriveable. Im wondering if i can install it and view live recordings for a while to kind of get an idea of what values need to be changed and where. If you know what i mean.

I personally like the mpi tuner I am running. Haven't touched timing at all but it does wonders for the car so don't knock it so hard. The software is a bit of a b**** to use but with half a brain you will figure it out. Btw I'm non Turbo running low compression forged FS on 2000es stock fp ecu

Thanks man. This is the company i bought the motor from. Now to locate i harness for this damn thing

Yea..i need the car to run the way its supposed to and be reliable. This is getting so time consuming and expensive. It would be cheaper to just out an fs-de back in it or do a kl swap compared to the money i have ahead of me in tuning and/or buying the fs-ze ecu and wiring in that harness if i can find it

I never asked for the fs-ze..i went on jdmenginedepot.com and saw "jdm fs-de" for 99-03 protege. $799. At the time i hadnt been able to find an fs-de for less than 1100$. So i emailed them and let em know i needed the coilpack motor cause the picture had plug wires and this is what showed up. Then i went on protegefaq to figure out what the hell it was and found out it has these fs9 cams. Kinda got lucky and ****** at the same time

Yea..i need the car to run the way its supposed to and be reliable. This is getting so time consuming and expensive. It would be cheaper to just out an fs-de back in it or do a kl swap compared to the money i have ahead of me in tuning and/or buying the fs-ze ecu and wiring in that harness if i can find it

I would just buy the Ecu and obd1 harness. The potential of the engine is around 170Hp FS-ZE with proper manifolds. But you can still make most of that power with the FS-DE intake and exhaust manifolds... If you throw on a header you are set. Just my .02 cents... Still 1 day left for Ebay auction for FS-ZE Ecu, the company might even have the harness.

i have contacted them. and i have the ze manifold it came on the motor..ebay 4-1 header
im def gona buy the ecu. just havent heard back from them yet.

has anyone ever even used the split second air fuel controller on a non-boosted application?
sounds like everyones bought it for an msp and just used the basemap on it.

Back