fs-ze what computer to use?

04spoondc5

:
2001 mazda protege mp3
Ive been running the fs-ze off the mp3 ecu for the meantime until i can find an ecu solu
tion.
Cant i just use a air/fuel controller to tune this motor like the split second a/f controller? Haltech and megasquirt just seem overboard for an n/a fs-ze

Thats what i was looking for clarity on,so really to utilize the motor i should go haltech.fs-ze ecu has been impossible to find

I have an mpi tuner for sale 175$. It allows fuel control and 15 degrees of timing retardation and advance.

It's gonna let you get an awful lot out of your motor if you're willing to put the time in.

+1 don't try to sell something to somebody as better than something else when you know it's not. Op just get the split second the mpi is more hassle than its worth

The ssafc timing controller wont work for the fs-ze the ssafc timing controller only lets you retard timing not advance timing. You need to get the fs-ze ecu, haltech or a piggy back (and play with it a bit to get it to work :() to use the engine. Doing otherwise means the ecu will be pulling timing accross the board and most likely running rich. Youll also lose the 7k rpm :)

There's always adjustable can gears fs ze ecu is obd1 and technically illegal to use in 96+ cars. Full stand alone would be overkill in an an car unless you have a lot more done

There's always adjustable can gears fs ze ecu is obd1 and technically illegal to use in 96+ cars. Full stand alone would be overkill in an an car unless you have a lot more done

Not really. Microtechs go for about 1200 dollars for that you get much better fuel economy and more torque and power accross the rev range. IIRC Lord Worm said you got about 7hp from a stock engine, thats accross the rev range essentially.

I cant imagine timing needs to be advanced THAT much. We know the mp3 ecu does a little. Think ill be safe with the split second air/fuel controller?

Doubt full but if I ever get time I can check all Honda Ecus are the same for the most part as far as the wiring connectors are concerned but I don't think it would match up to the protgs but you could always splice the wires in but IMO too much work

Back