Mazda5 FAQ Suggestion Thread

Rockin03mp5

:
'13 Mazda3 / '13 Edge / Your Mom
All right people, this has been an idea for a while. I've wanted a thread where we can point all the newbs. I want all the normal questions answered. Things like, "do the stock tires suck?", and "what roof rack should i get?", and "i want a shorter antenna.", and "does heat come from the rear air ducts?", and such.

So, It will be broken up into sections.

Model Year Differences
----2006-2007
----2008-2010
----2012+

2008 model year is the Mid-Cycle Refresh (MCR) with the most substantial changes. http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123673724-2008-Mazda5-SUBSTANTIAL-CHANGES

Notable problems (bad stock tires, weak rear shocks, bad rear tire wear on 06-07 models)
Warranty Related Fixes
Headlight burning out thread.
Rear A/C is for A/C only
Sliding-Door-Lock-Actuator-Replacement
Recalls / TSBs
2007-2009 Mazda5 Power Steering Recall
Probably outdated TSB resource thread.
Modification suggestions (short antenna, roof rack)
How To's (i will make a list of the how to's with links)
How to: 2006-2010 horn upgrade.
How to Change Cabin Air Filters (06-10)
How to: Mazda5 Rear Shock Replacement.
How to remove tail light and replace bulbs 2006-2010

Basically, I'm looking for you guys to help, since you all have contributed most of this info. I'm looking for suggestions with the links that will answer them. There may be multiple threads... and we cannot get them all, but if you know of more than one, please post them up. Once I get the chance, I will organize them all and make a new thread with all the info in one nice neat post. This new thread will be stickied in both sections. (<2010, and 2012+) I will also try to merge threads when possible, to keep things cleaner.

So, thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:
Roof rack / roof box info
Wheel / tire fitment (sticky already)
Detailed suspension install (I'll have writeup soon)
Rear sway bar swap (I'll have writeup soon)

you're going to need a lot of help to clean this sub forum.

Some questions/comments:
1) clean up the how-to section and remove how-to 'requests'
2) finishline DID have reference to all Mazda TSB but it looks like it is now dead :( Link below has some other TSBs.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123724110-Mazda5-TSB-Resources
3) anyone have an updated FSM? I think the only one circulating on the web is for a 2007.
4) why doesn't mazda247 allow direct link to *********** ? They have a LOT of how-to and info that directly apply to us Mz5 owners.

EDIT: I can't even type Mazda3_forum without it being censored (above)... WTH!?...

Last edited:
Yeah, and with 2 young ones, I have little time. Cleaning up will basically involve searching every thread, collecting links and lots of merging.

do whatever you feel. i have no time right now and barely can get on here once a week.

lots of overtime right now and 2 kids mean no free time.

Any plans to update this?
I seem many new posts in the how-to but nothing updated here.
Would be good to have it split by years as searching how-to can be tedious.

Unfortunately i have no time to update this. My hope was for some members to help organize, or post additions here and i can just put it in the proper spot in the first post.

Back