Mazda Remote Starter

sreddos

:
2010 CX-9 GT
So I have been having problems in the morning with my remote starter not working properly (it's the Mazda factory one) When I push the start button twice to activate the remote starter, one of three things happens:

1: The horn honks twice and will not start at all
2: The horn honks once like it's supposed to and the vehicle starts, but does not run for the full 10 minutes
3: The horn honks once, and begins the start process, but won't actually start (starts to crank but then stops)

The normal starting process is that once the remote button is pushed twice, the horn honks and it begins the start process. Once the vehcile is running, the horn honks again to signal it's running. It should then run for 10 minutes and then shut off if it is not overridden by the driver. So I was having the problems listed above and I took it to the dealer who could not replicate the problem. Being that I am on good terms with my service manager and I am at 35k miles, he replaced the control module, but did state that he never had a problem with it. They even kept the vehicle over night to try and get it to do it first thing in the morning when it is cold.

Long story, I am still having problems with the remote starter not running properly. However, I do have a theory as to why and wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem like this. My driveway is on a slight incline from the garage to the street and I am wondering if that incline is causing the vehicle's sensors to be off and causing the remote starter to not run properly. Any thoughts??

Thanks

I'm having a similar problem with my factory remote start. Two honks and two light flashes but no start. So far have not heard it trying to turn over at all. Is this a common problem with the factory remote start system?
I was hoping for some more technical info on these forums, but so far my searches have not revealed any help.

If anyone has come across a solution I would love to hear it. My next move is to take it in to the dealership...

Sandmonkey did you ever take your car into the dealer? I think you have to hit the unlock button on the regular key fob first, then hit double-click the start button on the other fob? Seems to work on my 2012 that way. I get the one honk, light flash, then engine starts...all in about 3-5 seconds.

Bufffan

I think I've isolated my similar problem with the factory starter on my 2013 CX-9. If the nose is pointed up-hill in my driveway, I get the 2 honks and no start. If it's pointed nose-down, it starts fine. Also, when parked on a flat surface, it's okay too.

I'm not on a hugely steep driveway... I'd say maybe a 15-20 degree incline. Pretty frustrating, and as Jon Snow would say... winter is coming!

So I have been having problems in the morning with my remote starter not working properly (it's the Mazda factory one) When I push the start button twice to activate the remote starter, one of three things happens:

1: The horn honks twice and will not start at all
2: The horn honks once like it's supposed to and the vehicle starts, but does not run for the full 10 minutes
3: The horn honks once, and begins the start process, but won't actually start (starts to crank but then stops)

The normal starting process is that once the remote button is pushed twice, the horn honks and it begins the start process. Once the vehcile is running, the horn honks again to signal it's running. It should then run for 10 minutes and then shut off if it is not overridden by the driver. So I was having the problems listed above and I took it to the dealer who could not replicate the problem. Being that I am on good terms with my service manager and I am at 35k miles, he replaced the control module, but did state that he never had a problem with it. They even kept the vehicle over night to try and get it to do it first thing in the morning when it is cold.

Long story, I am still having problems with the remote starter not running properly. However, I do have a theory as to why and wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem like this. My driveway is on a slight incline from the garage to the street and I am wondering if that incline is causing the vehicle's sensors to be off and causing the remote starter to not run properly. Any thoughts??

Thanks

I think I've isolated my similar problem with the factory starter on my 2013 CX-9. If the nose is pointed up-hill in my driveway, I get the 2 honks and no start. If it's pointed nose-down, it starts fine. Also, when parked on a flat surface, it's okay too.

I'm not on a hugely steep driveway... I'd say maybe a 15-20 degree incline. Pretty frustrating, and as Jon Snow would say... winter is coming!
Reverse in the driveway and the hood sensor should be then pointed down. Then see if your issue pops up again. At least that will isolate the hood safety switch as the problem or not

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Reverse in the driveway and the hood sensor should be then pointed down. Then see if your issue pops up again. At least that will isolate the hood safety switch as the problem or not

I second this.

From the troubleshooting section of the remote starter manual:
(4) Horn honks 2 times & vehicle does not remote start - Safety input activated.
a. Ensure hood is closed and hood switch is adjusted properly (See Section 24).
b. Ensure brake pedal is not depressed.
c. Ensure good connection and correct vehicle wire at Brake switch (See Section 11).

http://ep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-24809172479195/cx9remotestartN02B.pdf

Back