Top Speed Auto - Rear Camber Arms - Unboxing

phunky.buddha

Booga Booga?
:
DFW TX
:
No mo MZ5 want MX5
Update: Top Speed Auto Rear Camber Arms (Review and Install)

----------

Hey ladies and gents- you saw me post the unboxing of the BC Coilovers last night... now here are pictures of the rear adjustable camber arms that I'm going to use during the install.

These are from Top Speed Auto / Top Speed Pro 1 Performance here in Addison, TX (north Dallas). They're a company launched a good number of years ago that seems to do pretty well making replicas of popular parts. I've used some of their stuff before, and it's actually well made, especially for the price. They also have their own engineering department, and design their own stuff too. Fabrication is in China (of course).

The camber arms they sell are marked for the 04-08 Mazda 3 and the 98-08 Ford Focus, part number 6467. They're not listed on the company web site, but were https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) shipped. I just happened to be lucky enough to walk in and get a pair since I'm local to the shop.

The construction looks really good and the blue paint job is nice... but other than the color, they LOOK just like every other Mazda 3/5 camber arm out there. The main difference that drew me to this set was the different bushings. They are made by Hardrace, and have less rubber material in the middle than OEM and pretty much every other name brand OR knockoff camber arm out there. Honestly, I think every single one on the market is made in the same factory- just with different branding once it shows up at your door. The stiffer bushing ought to help tighten up the rear end a bit, but I don't know how much will actually be felt in the butt meter.

I did confirm with Aaron @ Top Speed when I was in the store that the bushings were different. These are a Top Speed specific design.

So $130 a pair shipped isn't bad at all- the cheapest I've seen on eBay for a pair without any brand recognition is about $120-125 shipped, and I couldn't find SPCs for under $200 a pair.

Enjoy the pics.

Invoice showing model number and location
topspeed_mz3_mz5_rear_camber_m_1.jpg

Inside the box
topspeed_mz3_mz5_rear_camber_m_2.jpg

Whole arm, front side (logo side)
topspeed_mz3_mz5_rear_camber_m_3.jpg

Whole arm, back side (no logo side)
topspeed_mz3_mz5_rear_camber_m_4.jpg

Closeup of one bushing
topspeed_mz3_mz5_rear_camber_m_5.jpg

Closeup of other bushing
topspeed_mz3_mz5_rear_camber_m_6.jpg

Top view to see thickness
topspeed_mz3_mz5_rear_camber_m_7.jpg

Last edited:
why do you say it's risky?
Probably b/c no one has really used them to comment how well they endure. Similar to asking what makes SPC's better than generics. It looks like a simple construction. The risk part lies in how well the bushings and joints are constructed and how well the metal will endure. It does look nice!

Very simple construction. Top Speed has been making stuff for quite some time though, and their parts are usually reviewed pretty well. I've run a number of their parts in the past on various cars too, and I've always been satisfied.

:) I personally wanted them in black so that the alignment places didn't complain about having too much aftermarket equipment on the car- but eh, these will do.

Just to add a little extra...

You can get the SPC arms for $158 + shipping from Tire Rack (here). The image shows cam bolts, but its a pair of SPC arms. They're listed as "Eibach Recommended Alignment Kit" for a Mazda 3. I went with these when I lowered my 5. Weird, I know.

With shipping, that comes out to right at $170 down to Texas. That's almost double what I paid... Considering the AC Delco (usually pretty good OEM type quality) branded adjustable arms are $56 each (found them on Amazon a while back), I think the price is right for the Top Speed ones.

I really like the look of those arms. Currently I am running about 2.5 negative in the rear, which I am hoping is enough for the future 19x9s to clear without rubbing. If not, with a fender roll and some adjustable arms, we can make it happen.

What sort of suspension setup are you running phunky?

BC Racing coilovers- which will hopefully go in this weekend. Still looking for the right combo of tools to easily cut the tops of the strut towers.

Nice. I need to do mine. I did the alignment on my car at my alignment cert class for work and my rear camber was way off and had about 1 degree cross camber in the rear. We adjusted my front camber to be equal on my front by moving the strut mount over but its still more negative than spec.

I got lucky on the initial install- my ballpark guess on where the arm adjustment needed to be put both rears right at -1.4 degrees.

Back