2013 Mazda CX-5 achieves best in class MPG

Wow, that interior is very generic. That's OK if it's comfortable, utilitarian, and inexpensive.

We really need the 6th seat in our Mazda 5 so i don't think it would actually work for us, but I give Mazda some credit for making a vehicle to compete with the Honda CR-V. Also great MPG's and a six speed manual. I would like a diesel option too and maybe they will eventually offer one since diesel sales were up this year. My sister is in the market for a new car and is going to test drive one whenever our local dealership gets one.

Hmmm...very similar power out of the SkyActiv 2.0 when compared to the 2.3L So they reduced consumption by about 13% then? Wonder what kind of mpgs the 2.3L would earn bolted up to the 6MT. Fueleconomy.gov shows the 2010 2.3L 5MT rated at 22/28, 24 combined. With the SkyActiv powertrain, would it be realistic to see 25/32, 27 combined with the same power expectations we already have? I wonder if the 2.3L can receive the SkyActiv treatment, yielding MORE power with about the current mpgs.

Back