2013 / 2014 Mazdaspeed3

According to my service rep at my local Mazda dealership the whole Mazdaspeed line is going to be discontinued. She said it was because they're to expensive to produce and that Mazda is going to do a diesel Mazda 6 next year. Mazda is going to the sky active program for most of the vehicles.

According to my service rep at my local Mazda dealership the whole Mazdaspeed line is going to be discontinued. She said it was because they're to expensive to produce and that Mazda is going to do a diesel Mazda 6 next year. Mazda is going to the sky active program for most of the vehicles.
I called the Mazda Customer Center and now they have no information on a Mazdaspeed 3. I was told that Mazda is going with SkyActiv across the entire line. So your dealership person appears to have good information. Unless this changes, enthusiasts may have to look elsewhere. The rep I spoke to, hinted at a SkyActiv-G with turbo. I heard of this possibility, last year.

Last edited:
Seems to me that mazda is putting more cards into fuel efficiency without the use of hybrid technology. and, unfortunately by the numbers, us "speedy" types arent the majority of car buyers out there

im gonna go out on a limb and say MOST ppl who are in the market for a new car are putting mileage and vehicle price at the top of their list. and when you have hybrids going around like crazy in almost every manufacturer in almost every model they have, except mazda, the fat has to be trimmed somewhere

Also understand that the ppl who are generally buying the sport cars nowadays are the baby boomers since they are retiring and looking for a new toy. and are they buying cheap japanese 4 bangers? They are going to the healthy production rwd V8s that are essentially a staple of america

all that leaves is the demographic for the little japanese sports cars. unfortunately college students and fresh high school graduates are the most broke ppl on earth, and they are the ones who would buy them. so if a sports car is going to be sold to someone like that its either going to be super cheap quality, or have no power, or both

so i tbink mazda is marketing towards quality, efficiency, and some fun around turns (they seem to always have the most fun driveability aspect out of all the other manufacturers). im still wondering if they are going to bring a deisel over in multiple models. their gas mileage in the skyactiv g stuff is good, but theyre no hybrid. and diesel is hybrid market worthy

Courtesy of Toronto Mazda

Official 2013 Mazda3 Specs & Features

This just in...

I will update as I get more information..

13MY Mazdaspeed3 New Standard Equipment

USB audio input
18” MAZDASPEED dark grey alloy wheels
Black Mica (16W) door mirrors
Black Mica (16W) “inner” roof spoiler
Dark metallic paint in lower area of rear bumper

13MY MAZDASPEED3 New Technology Package Equipment

Full Screen NAV

I'm still saving cash for the next gen 2014 Mazdaspeed3. I'm really curious what it's going to be like. AWD is for sure not likely. I'm wondering if they will still with the turbo 2.3L. I've heard ll of the turbo diesel rumors. AWD or RWD would be truly amazing but will never happen

This confirms the info I found. This is good, but I wonder if the 'Full Scren Navi' will happen. This is basically trim changes, so far. Usually, 'Special Editions' signal the end of a model,example, RX-8.

Glad I saw this too, I almost pulled the trigger on trading my 09 in. We should probably know more in the next month.

I am looking at two cars. I am definitely trading in the '08 for either the 2013 MS3 or 2013 Focus ST. The Focus ST is looking better every day. The reviews on the car are glowing. It comes down to, 'do you want fast and raw' or 'fast with refinement' !

I am looking at two cars. I am definitely trading in the '08 for either the 2013 MS3 or 2013 Focus ST. The Focus ST is looking better every day. The reviews on the car are glowing. It comes down to, 'do you want fast and raw' or 'fast with refinement' !

I agree, the Focus ST, while no RS, is looking pretty sweet; I'm pretty sure the aftermarket is going to be big for it too....

im was almost positive that they are dropping the speed 3 and are going to replace it with a speed 2. this info that mazdaspeed is being dropped is depressing :( i just got my mazdaspeed yesterday and i already know i want another for my next!

im was almost positive that they are dropping the speed 3 and are going to replace it with a speed 2. this info that mazdaspeed is being dropped is depressing :( i just got my mazdaspeed yesterday and i already know i want another for my next!
The MS3 is returning for 2013, but only trim changes are scheduled.

The only scoop I have for you >>> they will play with the exterior colours for the 2013 Speed3. I've been searching for more info, but its scarce. I'm thinking blacked out roofs like what they did with the Special Edition Mazda3
397311_10150480691930741_98390615740_9252113_203640739_n.jpg

At least the '13 Speed 3's will have a full size GPS. Why they're keeping those horrid red cloth inserts, I dont know. I'm probably gonna end up splurging on a new Sti in a few months, as much as I love the 04-07 Sti's, I need a warartny, especially since it seems like people are popping ringlands left and right. Although its not like the DISI is without its issues.

Back