2009 Mazda5 Radio Wiring Harness

tefloncandi

:
2009 Mazda5
Does anyone know what the wiring color code for the radio harness, in particular i am looking for the light wiring because I removed my Pioneer radio which was installed professionally and they told me that I will not be able to dim or brighten the lights on my unit. As I posted before it is too bright. Today I removed my unit and found out that light wire is not even hooked up so I do not know how the unit is getting power to light it up?????
The unit is a Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
Any suggestions??

You may just be able to tap into the rear wire pair of the dimmer that's on the dash. It's just a potentiometer that varies the input voltage. Just use a vampire tap to tap into the positive wire.
Does anyone know what the wiring color code for the radio harness, in particular i am looking for the light wiring because I removed my Pioneer radio which was installed professionally and they told me that I will not be able to dim or brighten the lights on my unit. As I posted before it is too bright. Today I removed my unit and found out that light wire is not even hooked up so I do not know how the unit is getting power to light it up?????
The unit is a Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
Any suggestions??

The unit probably just uses full power if the light dim lead is not connected. This is the default for most systems as installation into older cars withouth the dim lead would mean no lights.

Back