2012 Tokyo Auto Salon - 2 driver fouced Mazda 2's on show.

Phontsolo

:
2011 Mazda 2 - Touring - Manual - Crystal White Pearl
These Mazda 2's will be shown at the 2012 Tokyo Auto Salon on January 2012 from the 13th to the 15th. If you click on Show Press Release you'll see the details on both Mazda 2's on show. Number 3 and 4 on the list. Of course, we probably won't see any of these in the states. And by probably i mean never.

Blue one definitely has a body kit that's already available. It says M'z Custom aeroparts in the press release. I'm lovin' the wheels on the blue one. Size of the wheels and tires plus drop look perfect. And check out that black roof. (2thumbs)

03-demio.jpg

04-demio.jpg

05-demio.jpg

06-demio.jpg

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/21/mazda-previews-driver-focused-tokyo-auto-salon-showcars/

Last edited:
Those both look great. I'm not usually one for chrome, but it looks real classy on the red Demio. I'm loving EVERYTHING about the blue one. I need to go to Japan an come home with a very large carry on.

Loving the lip on the blue one! Appears you can get M'z aerokits through NextMod.com but the site is down for the holidays.

Last edited:
Loving the lip on the blue one! Appears you can get M'z aerokits through NextMod.com but the site is down for the holidays.

More like M'z Tune replicas. We asked M'Z tune about licensing their parts and they are not willing to do it.

-Derrick

More like M'z Tune replicas. We asked M'Z tune about licensing their parts and they are not willing to do it.

-Derrick
Brilliant business strategy. Hope they're prepared to lose money to people willing to make knockoffs if they're going to be stingy with their licensing.

-Derrick

From the press release:

"3. Mazda Demio 13-SKYACTIV Smart Stylish-2012 (reference exhibit)
Based on the Special Edition Mazda Demio 13-SKYACTIV Smart Stylish, this model's low center of gravity is expressed through M'z Custom aeroparts including front underspoiler, side skirts, and rear underskirt."

Those both look great. I'm not usually one for chrome, but it looks real classy on the red Demio. I'm loving EVERYTHING about the blue one. I need to go to Japan an come home with a very large carry on.

Trust me, that will be a very expensive carry on.

2012 Toyko Auto Salon - Mazda 2 Photos

Found some coverage of both Mazda 2's that were slated to be shown in the 2012 Toyko Auto Salon. Here is the little coverage I found. I linked to some pics but there are more if you click the links. More exterior shots as well as interior ones.

Mazda 2 Smart Stylish - "delivers as promised with a classy look that adds some luxury appeal to this sub-compact" The wheels are BBS, but i still don't know the wheel name or size. I don't see these at the BBS site. Anyone?

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/01/mazda-demio-smart-stylish-looks-well-smart-and-stylish-2012-tokyo-auto-salon.html

_MG_1748.JPG

_MG_1752.JPG

_MG_1749.JPG

Mazda Demio 13-SKYACTIV - "the female Uke model with exterior and Interior to Its designer described "women feel weak and we target dress and tried" SAY WHAT NOW?

http://en.responsejp.com/article/2012/01/14/168343.html

168343_1.jpg

168343_7.jpg

168343_9.jpg

Last edited:
The Smart Stylish one is pretty sexy. I dig those wheels and I wish we could get that rear lower valence here.

Also, here's a better translation of the article about the girly Demio:

http://translate.google.com/transla...://response.jp/article/2012/01/14/168343.html

I think what the quote actually means is something more along the lines of "Women think Mazda's weak at addressing what they want, so we targeted a model towards them." In Japanese, the verb generally comes at the end of a sentence (like Yoda, lol) so it's tough to translate accurately through software.

I would be careful on the bumper fitment parts for the 2. All of the other markets get shorter bumpers which keeps the cool parts not from not fitting. We have tried out several and they are way off.

-Derrick

Back