Trouble after replacing battery

kilawok1

:
2007 CX-7 Touring
OK. While tiling my bathroom, I get a call from my future brother in law that he replaced the battery in my sisters '07 CX-7 (awd touring) and hearing my sister ranting in the background I know something wasn't right. So I headed over there.

After connecting the battery the fuses for the radio and interior lights immediately blow. One touch down window features do not work, TCS light blinks until you turn the wheel lock to lock (restart car and it blinks again). Traction control (swerving car idiot light) light is constantly on, and the remote lock/unlock no longer works from the key fob. Oddly, the gauges now do a full sweep when the ignition is turned to start the car (didn't do that before).

I am out of my element here. If it were a Prelude or Bronco I'd be alright for troubleshooting. Are these systems controlled by a relay in the engine compartment that might have blown? A quick search didn't bring up an answer, so I am at a loss.

Update...I found out the TCS and other traction control light came on NOT because of the battery change, but earlier when they drove the CX-7 up a set of ramps to do an oil change.

Actually, the TCS lights will possibly come on (and flash) after battery replacement. There's a section in the owner's manual that describes how to reset it. I'd expect the key fobs just need to be reprogrammed. Not sure if you can do that without going to the dealer or not ? (I'd check the manual on that as well).

I just replaced my battery and the only issues I had were the TCS light issue and also losing all my radio and GPS presets, etc.

Yes I pulled my battery out of my cx7 and the tcs light stayed on till i drove the car and it reset and the light went out, not too sure about all the other stuff blowing fuses but maybe he hooked the batt up backwards till he figured out it was then hooked it up correctly,is he a shade tree mechanic by chance?

Back