Turn Fog lights to DRL??

jimbosvt

:
MazdaSpeed Protege
Hi all. I bought a Mazda 6 last weekend and need to get the DRLs to work for it to pass safety, (i live in Canada). It is a Canadian model but the previous owner must have done some modification because I have no running lights. After doing some research, I thought he may have done some sort of HID conversion. The low beams and fogs are projector lights but I have no idea if they are HID (I can't tell the difference, I am new to the HID scene).I checked under the dash and sure enough the e-brake wire was cut and and grounded to ensure the car think the e-brake is up which keeps the running lights off. I reconnected the wire and my low beams were on as soon as the e-brake was released. I would just leave it at that but the lights flicker like crazy until I turn on the actual lights on. Now to my question. Has anyone been able to turn the fogs into DRL's or get the DRLs to work on the high beam bulb like they are supposed to? If so can you point me in the right direction? I need to get this done this weekend since my ten-day runs out on Monday. Any help would be great. Thanks guys.

Back