Will's 1991 Classic Red NA6 Thread

Definitely do the sway bar before the frog arms. I've read quite a bit about the frog arms and while it's a definitely improvement many people have said that it's not earth shattering unless you couple it with other chassis stiffing like an X brace.

But I will definitely let you guys know what I think of the bar. I wish there was an autocross on the 27-28 that I could use as a test and tune. The first time I'm going to use it competitively will be at the tour.

Frog arms were a suggestion from Glen Long to help with the 2nd to 3rd shifting issue, said they would be more effective than doing motor mounts.

Well what the hell does that guy know. :D

What is your shifting issue?

Are you shifting and cornering at the same time?

I'm not shifting mid corner, but during autox unless the car is going completely straight there is a high chance I'll miss the shift unless I do it really slow. When Marc drove it, ended up in 1st instead and spun out.

New sway bar is finally installed properly...

Old vs new... New is the .188 wall RB hollow "race" bar.
63y4.jpg

auby.jpg

I also took a good picture of the pretty new header than Evan wrapped amazingly...

98w5.jpg

Holy hell, that bar is like twice as thick. That's awesome. And thank you for having your oil cap on straight.

Holy hell, that bar is like twice as thick. That's awesome. And thank you for having your oil cap on straight.

Yeah the new bar is lighter than stock too, it's pretty crazy.

But yeah that's the only way for the oil cap to be on. :)

I also investigated an extremely slight oil leak, it appears that the main rear crankshaft seal is leaking and getting my transmission all oily...
eylr.jpg

I also investigated an extremely slight oil leak, it appears that the main rear crankshaft seal is leaking and getting my transmission all oily...

Is it definitely engine oil? A leaking front transmission seal can have the same effect.

My car has something similar going on apparently. I was sent a pic of a couple drip spots on my buddy's driveway from Saturday. D'oh!

Yeah mine will leak a couple drops every time I drive it. But if it sits for a while it doesn't drip constantly. So my theory is oil is seeping out of whatever seal during operation.

I think the seal can load up with oil, then drain out a few drops when you've stopped.

FWIW I thought I had a leaking rear main, but it turned out to be a leaking plug in the shifter turret. Oil was running down and dripping off the same spot as your car. Hopefully your shifter turret didn't get filled with motor oil, but I've heard of that before.

I don't think so. I replace my turret fluid every year and it didn't look like it was contaminated with oil. It was just a little bit dirty.

Race car mode...engage.

9416351750_2a8cdca1a1_b.jpg

Took some new-to-me Toyos to get mounted yesterday.

Back