Power Open not working

TripleT

:
Mazda CX9 Touring
Has anyone experienced a problem with the feature to power open the windows and moon roof by double clicking and hold of the remote unlock button? This feature worked a few times when I got my 2011 CX9, but has not worked since. I took it to the dealer and they reprogrammed the remotes. Problem was not resolved. They checked service bulletins and nothing for this problem.

Its finnickey, you have to do it just right. I find it to work well by doing the click-click very fast, then slight pause before holding down the unlock on the 3rd click. If you can't get it to work at all still, you may try the power window reset procedure (search forums) just for the heck of it to see if that works.

For me, it is not that difficult.
Click (beep and unlock driver's door) - click (beep and unlock rest of doors) - click-n-hold for a couple seconds (beep and windows/moonroof open)
Just tried it.

That did not work for me. I will try the power window reset, although I think the dealer did this when they reset the remotes.

Success! I reviewed the owners manual and saw that this feature can be initiated by using the key. I placed the key in the door handle and turned counter clockwise to unlock the doors and then continued to hold in that position. The windows and moon roof opened. Doing the same in a clockwise turn locked the doors and closed the windows and moon roof. This confirmed that the feature worked so I tried the remote again. When a did two quick clicks and held on the second, it worked. I then used the request button on the door handle to lock and close the windows, press and hold will lock the doors and do a power close. So there wasn't really a problem, the remote feature is finicky and speed of clicking matters. I can't believe the dealer spent an hour on this and could not get it to work. This forum helped resolve the problem and should be referenced by the Mazda mechanics. Thanks for everyone's help on this.

The couple of times I've been to the dealer, there was maybe one other CX-9 there in service. I don't think they see a whole lot of our cars, they're just too reliable.

two quick clicks and held on the second, it worked.

That's the scenario that finally worked for me. Everywhere else it said hold down the third press, for me (and you I guess) it's the second press of the unlock button that makes it happen!

Thanks.

For my 2008,

Both the following work (press the unlock button on the fob)
1) Press-Press-Press/hold
2) Press-Press/hold

You might want to try both to see which one works for yours.

Back