I love our stock horn!

My dealer told me one click locks it, second click arms the alarm? I love the horn though -- sounds so Ford!

im 70% sure this is correct i only remember seeing the red flash after the second click but ill test it before i leave school since i wait for my car to warm up.

Really? mine always sounds sort of... winded. I've considered getting a set of Hella Supertones, but with all these posts i'm starting to think something's wrong with mine.

Really? mine always sounds sort of... winded. I've considered getting a set of Hella Supertones, but with all these posts i'm starting to think something's wrong with mine.

Is yours a 2011? Mine is the loudest horn I've ever had on a car. Maybe it's that loud so Mack trucks can hear you.

Yah, 2011. Mine doesn't even sound like my wife's though, so i legit think there's something wrong with mine. Hers isn't super-loud though, so.. {shrug}

Mine doesn't seem all that ridiculously loud either. It's definitely a bit louder than the dual-tone Mazda6 horn that I installed in our Mazda3, but nothing that impresses me. If I can get people to veer off the road because they're so startled when I honk at them, then I know I have a loud horn.

Ohhh I have a funny story. I had pulled my 2 into the garage and shut the door so I could work on taking the headlights out without being in the wind and cold outside.... I managed to drop one of those small plastic rivets down from the hood release area into the grille somewhere so I was bent over at the waist looking for it. Didn't realize my keys were in my hoodie pocket and one of them was pressing the "PANIC" button. I stood STRAIGHT up when the horn started blowing and lights flashing, I had NO IDEA what was going on. I didn't even know where my keys were. I figured it out in about 10 seconds but holy crap is that horn loud in a confined place.

About gave me a heart attack.

me too sounds like a big domestic car gets peoples attention real quick..my harley has a similar sounding horn and i get same reaction from people..thats a good thing

Sadly, my stock horn sounds muffled now. I've been too lazy to check out the reason, but it sounds like my car has a cold :\

The horn is one of my favorite parts of the car. It sounds like it should be on a big, domestic SUV or something. That's a good thing, though. I feel small cars should have the advantage of a commanding horn.

This one has a Bosch Europa horn. I don't think that's OEM horn location but it's a pretty cool spot (and unobstructed) lol
14391313150_70cd1cef88_z.jpg

Sadly, my stock horn sounds muffled now. I've been too lazy to check out the reason, but it sounds like my car has a cold :\

Horn update: My horn sounds loud and proud again! I think the colder weather changed the sound a bit.

Horn update: My horn sounds loud and proud again! I think the colder weather changed the sound a bit.

It definitely does mute the sound quite a bit.

In any case, I think this summer I'm going to replace the stock horn with some Hellas. I've had a couple more close calls with idiots trying to run me off the road, and I could really use a way to let people know I mean business. The louder and more obnoxious, the better. I want ears to bleed on my command. :D

Hella supertones will not make ears bleed, but they may be a little louder then the stock 2 horn. I wasn't that impressed with them on my wrx. I heard one the other day that was so damn loud I swear I could feel my eardrums pulsate. It hurt. You need to go with a setup utilizing a sizeable compressor if you want serious loudness.

On the other end of the spectrum, I haven't had a horn on my miata for a few months now and it's starting to get annoying.

I no longer give people a little chirp when they're too busy texting/facebooking/dumbing at a green light. With my 2 I now shatter their rear windows. And it is glorious.

Best. Horn. Ever.

Got a philippine bus driver to NOT cut me at 60kph. That rarely happens, even if you're driving a big SUV. But the 2s horn is loud and the tone is annoying as hell. It's great.

Back