I love our stock horn!

DaleNixon

:
2001 Miata, 2011 Mazda 2
It's EFFING LOUD! I startle people in the parking lot with it locking my doors. I startled a girl who pulled out in front of me. That is all.

BTW, one of the common mods on a Honda Fit is to change out the horn for a louder one.

Not our problem<LOL>

John

Its funny... My Mazda2 horn is MUCH louder and more 'manly' than our Mazda5 horn... it really DOES sound wimpy!

I once knocked a fully grown tree over with the horn on my 2. I've also injured a Sasquatch using the horn..... It's loud.

I scared myself the first ten times I lockd my 2 up... then I scared my girlfriend. It really is a loud horn, louder than my old beast chevy's too! I was afraid it was going to be a cute "meep-meep" horn, but it's solid.

it does suck when I have to lock my car at 3 am in the morning. It's so loud I feel like i'm waking up the neighborhood....

What is the difference between hitting the lock button once and twice. I realize that hitting it twice honks the horn, but is there any other difference in the functions??

The car is locked on the first push of the button, the second just reassures you that the car is locked by blowing a hole in the side of the earth with the loudest horn mankind technology can muster up.

Yes...I like it! Nice and loud so it scares everyone. The spouse's big SUV isn't as loud as the M2.

My dealer told me one click locks it, second click arms the alarm? I love the horn though -- sounds so Ford!

it does suck when I have to lock my car at 3 am in the morning. It's so loud I feel like i'm waking up the neighborhood....

a million times this.

the 2's horn is insanely loud. but my friends speed3 is loud too not as loud as the 2.
i have to park in a parking garage for school. its fun seeing ppl jump when i lock the car.

My dealer told me one click locks it, second click arms the alarm? I love the horn though -- sounds so Ford!

The dealer BS-ed you. Like it was already said, the beep after the second click (if it's pressed no more then 5 secs after the first) is just to confirm it's locked.

The horn is indeed cool (surprised me the first time I honked).

Last edited:
i work late and when i get home i park it out front hit the lock and every time it scares my neighbors dog and he barks for like 5 minutes.. part of me feels bad but at the same time i like knowin my car is locked up tight :)

Back