Electrical Issues

Alright so after my tranny sway I discovered a few things did not work onthe electrical side of things, first and most improtant with winter fast approaching is my blower fan, it doesn't work on any setting 1-4, next is my reverse lights and lastly is my cruise control. I switched to an MP3 ECU as well so I am not sure if this has anthing to do with the cruise. Any input or ideas would be appreciated

Okay so my next thing to check is the blower motor, I was looking through the shop manuals and it said I had to remove the whole unit which requires removing the dash..... I am really hoping that there is another way to get the blower motor out without removing the dash. Anyone had to change one before?

The mp3 is for manual only which is why you don't have od. For the blower have you checked any fuses? The back up lights may have something to do with the ecu. Do you have to have back up lights to pass inspection up there? I know here in virginia we don't have to have them but its either both or none.

I am not sure, and alright, I know some of the reflashed ones kept there cruise, but I will just remove it till I sell the car. I checked fuses and the resistor, didn't have time to check with a volt meter today so I will do that tomorrow. The reverse lights sem to be a thing with cars converted from auto to mtx so I should ask around.

Did you check and see if you hooked the reverse sensor/wire thingy back up when you swapped the trans? Theres obviously a better description than what I just gave but I'm sure you get the gist of it. As for the blower.... I would check continuity before pulling the dash. It might be a relay or even the switch (you never know, happened to me on another car). I dunno what he means by overdrive but you should still have cruise, I wouldn't imagine you would lose it by swapping the ECU. Don't quote me on that, hopefully someone with a little more know-how can validate it.

I am not sure, thats a good question, it would make sense that some sort of computer has to run it

I did hook the sensor wire up for the tail lights

And I changed the resistor and checked all fuses, I still have to test the actual motor itself tho, hoping that is the issue, too bad my dad jut threw my parts car out that had a working blower motor.....

Alright so I measured voltage at the 1-4 switch and blower motor

When the switch is in the "0" position I get 10v at all locations, but as soon as I turn the switch to 1, 2, 3 or 4 it drops down to zero at all locations

Has the actual switch gone bad?

Back