Change Personalization Features Myself re: Smart key?

kilarney

:
2011 CX-9 T
I just purchased a 2011 CX-9 with the advanced keyless entry/ignition (smart key).
I would like to change the settings so that when I walk away from the car with my key in my pocket, the doors will automatically lock.

The manual says that this is possible, but it must be done by a dealer. I live an hour from the nearest dealer, so I am hoping that it can be done by myself.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I did a search, but did not find anything.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome to the best CX9 forum!

Has to be done by the dealer. From what I have read and heard, they will do it for free for the first time. Should you ever not want this feature anymore, likely you would have to pay for the 2nd job. fyi this autolock is a bit buggy from what I have heard from others.

Welcome to the forum.
Personalization of settings should be free 1st time. However, some greedy dealers
might want to charge you for it. DO NOT LET THEM.

No. You can't do it yourself. It has to be done by dealer's hand-held computer.
First, read about the autolock you want. It is not 100% perfect. I have it on since new. There are pros and cons.
Our CX9 also comes with gear-driven/speed-driven door-locking when vehicle is in motion. Don't get confused by it.
For the latter one, read another thread here on how to DIY.

For the autolock (the one that locks CX9 while you walk away) has to be done at dealership.

Back