Interchangable parts thread

visiongt9506

:
2002 protege5
I WOULD LIKE TO START A THREAD AND SEE WHERE THIS GOES... MAYBE MAKE IT A STICKY!!?

LETS SEE WHAT PEOPLE HAVE COME UP WITH FOR INTERCHANGABLE PARTS FOR THE PROTEGE. ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THESE CARS PLEASE POST UP!!!!(cheerbanana)

i will start WITH

-mazda6 bigger brakes

THERE IS NO MODIFICATION REQUIRED, TAKE YOUR OLD CALIPERS/PADS/ROTORS AND PUT IN THE NEW CALIPERS/PADS/ROTORS AND DRIVE AWAY, COMPLETE BOLT ON. ( FRONTS )

03-05 Mazda 6 => 11.1" => Fits no problem with a 16" wheel
06-07 Mazda 6 => 11.8" => Fits no problem with a 16" wheel
06-07 MazdaSpeed 6 => 12.2" => Must have a 17" wheel minimum

Now the calipers can be found in these other vehicles:

2006-2008 Ford Fusion
2007-2008 Lincoln MKZ
2006-2006 Lincoln Zephyr
2006-2008 Mercury Milan

NOTE: if and when purchasing new setup make sure you get the caliper brackets as well

-ALSO 06 -07 WRX CHARGESPEED LIP BOLTS UP TO MSP LIP

Last edited:
Well for the 1.6L the miata flywheel is compatible

For the boosted proteges they use the 626 Intake manifold and the millenia PVC

Ford escape endlinks :) and I second the sticky idea! With the Mazda 6 brakes, say I go to pull a part or some s***, just snag calipers and rotors and the brackets, don't need brake lines? Of course I'd buy new pads lol

visiongt9506.... you have one listed in our sig haha the WRX Lip if you have a 03.5 Lip

2000+ 626 Intake mani

MR2 Harness Bar - I have it in my car
WRX Harness Bar - Cant Remember the year

and you can use your stock brake lines

Msp/mp3 front and rear sway bar and also msp brakes
Mp3/msp short shifter
Msp turbo
Mp3 ecu

those are kind of givens, i think he ment stuff from other vehicles.

visiongt9506.... you have one listed in our sig haha the WRX Lip if you have a 03.5 Lip

LOL YOU HAVE A GOOD POINT I FORGOT ALL ABOUT PUTTIN THAT ONE

haha, but you should revised your first post and start a list. Would be great for a reference

minor mods but the

1.6L can use the 2000+ Celica GT-S MAF *Note the GT MAF had issues*
Washer hood nozzles from the Tribute
Mazda6 Wiper Switch

Last edited:
Yeah the wiper stalk mod would be for intermittent wipers.
You can use a V6 oil filter on an FS, for more oil capacity. All the others are mostly covered. The MSP/MP3 upgrades to normal proteges should be a given. Escape endlinks are a good one, I have them. I believe for a rear wiper delete for the P5 you can use a plug from an Integra. 90s Accord lip fits the P5/MSP bumper.

P5 wiper plug part number: honda 91617-SB6-000

1996 626 front motor mount. stiffer than the P5.

626:
http://mazda-car-parts.************.net/Picture.aspx?width=500&height=500&id=6392642

p5:
MNT1372.jpg

Yeah the wiper stalk mod would be for intermittent wipers.
You can use a V6 oil filter on an FS, for more oil capacity. All the others are mostly covered. The MSP/MP3 upgrades to normal proteges should be a given. Escape endlinks are a good one, I have them. I believe for a rear wiper delete for the P5 you can use a plug from an Integra. 90s Accord lip fits the P5/MSP bumper.

didnt know about the 90s accord lip fitting the msp/p5 bumper, wonder how it looks

Back