Mazdas247.com Mazda of the Month (June)

I noticed that you didn't have the spoiler on yesterday. Or was I just seeing things?

Yep, the spoiler is going away. I was testing on Sunday to see how the braking would work. Without the splitter the wing makes the car understeer too much at MidOhio because even the slow corners are fast enough to be affected and with the proportioning valve I was able to get my braking to work without the wing. The points will be used to step up to Hooiser A6 instead of R6 and to take off the stupid rear bumper "parachute" that kept melting off this weekend.

A6 because the sessions are shorter and temp is not as big of an issue?

A6 because the sessions are shorter and temp is not as big of an issue?

For time trials definitely the A6 is the better choice because the ultimate grip is much higher and the driver can control the temp by throwing in a less agressive lap here and there to keep them in the optimum heat range. A lot of racers run them for sprint races as well though.

do you have any idea how much the cars weighs wet with the cage and mods?

This weekend with somewhere around a half a tank of gas the car weighed 2430 pounds.

thats amazing. I figured you would be closer to 2800 with the cage.

I have a little over 100 pounds off mine and I can tell the diff when I am by myself with little gas in the car, I cant image 2400 pounds. Must do everything so much better.

Back