Mazda Protege/Protege5 Audio Wire Diagram

goyatech

:
2005 Mazda 3
I know a lot of you guys are looking for this. I was too, till i came across it and decided to share with you. (hi)

P5AUDIODIAGRAM.jpg

Dont Forget To Say Thanks...

Last edited:
Thanks, now isn't this in the service manual that's stickied at the top of the P5 section?

I did read the post it says nothing about rear door speakers. Also I'm pretty sure there's only 2 wires going to a rear door speaker on both sides. Not quite sure what your argument here is but if you can't simply swap out rear door speakers you don't need to be messing with it. Its a universal concept hot wire will be a solid color while ground is either black or has a black stripe going through it.

can u run the sub that comes in the trunk on top of the spare tire if u get an aftermarket headunit without any extra wiring besides the vehicle specific harness?

there is more than 2 wires remember you have the power windows power locks etc... and if you look at the diagram the hot wire has the stripe.

I did read the post it says nothing about rear door speakers. Also I'm pretty sure there's only 2 wires going to a rear door speaker on both sides. Not quite sure what your argument here is but if you can't simply swap out rear door speakers you don't need to be messing with it. Its a universal concept hot wire will be a solid color while ground is either black or has a black stripe going through it.

there is more than 2 wires remember you have the power windows power locks etc... and if you look at the diagram the hot wire has the stripe.

I wouldn't know I have a wire kit curtesy of crutchfield. I'm not trying to insult you in any way don't get me wrong but if you change the rear door speakers why wouldn't you use the factory wires? I mean thers 8 wires all together for the speakers but it is odd that the hot wire has a stripe so I do have to say good find because that would confuse the hell out of me.

HELP!!! So ive been in the process of upgrading my speakers with Infinity Kappa's. The back doors went in without a problem. Just went to install my passenger front door speaker and now my whole stereo isnt working....I had the stock speaker taken out for about 2 days before i got around to installing the new infinity kappa and the stereo was still working fine. I followed the wire diagram to the T and after wiring up the new speaker a couple hours ago now the whole system doesnt work anymore. Even when i remove that speaker the system doesnt work....did i possibly blow a fuse somewhere or what else could have gone wrong? please help with any suggestions you might have!

Have you checked if you did blow a fuse? My guess is you caused a short and blew the radio fuse either on the radio itself or the one in your fuse box.

well after turning the car on and off (ACC position) to see if it would kick the sound on with no luck, after actually starting the car and pulling it back in to its regular parking spot i turned the car off, realized i left the back windows up, turned it back to ACC and rolled up the windows....while i was doing this the music turned on but id did not don on me that the music was playing until after i turned the car back off again...stupid me haha so after a few more attempts of switching the car back on i could not get the sound to produce again....if it was a fuse i doubt it would have done that...but i havnt checked the fuse yet, here soon im gonna pull all the panels and check for grounding out wires and check the fuse. ill report back with what i find.

Back